sunderland

Big River

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

Pickford is class imo but seeing a lot of praise for him after last night, which I am not saying he doesn’t deserve for his England performances. However, last night he didn’t really do anything top class. He nearly got done off a corner as well. 

He's the best of a distinctly average bunch 

18 minutes ago, jack j said:

Cheered that Schar penalty more than I did any of the ingerland pens tbf

Likewise. Was hoping Trent la would miss. 

22 minutes ago, 1964 said:

He's the best of a distinctly average bunch 

Don’t disagree, don’t think there’s many top, top keepers around when you consider the requirements nowadays. 

I'm no Pickford fan, but he is the best around at the moment. To the poster that said the late 90s 2000s had the best goalkeepers must have missed a few years where the best we could field was David James or Ian Walker. Hart was decent for a bit but he never had the authority Seaman had, who I still think of as the best keeper we've had from 96 onwards.

However there is a common trend with English keepers...when they're on the way down they drop quickly, but tend to keep their place for a year or two longer than they should purely due to reputation

1,530 + messages on RTG as to why Keith Downie is a gravy stained mag! Do they have nothing better to do man. Boring, ignorant bastards to a man. 

Just now, KennyUtd said:

1,530 + messages on RTG as to why Keith Downie is a gravy stained mag! Do they have nothing better to do man. Boring, ignorant bastards to a man. 

He's not even a Newcastle fan. Supports Hearts. 

Pickford's good with his feet but has limited reach. He works for the style England play but he isn't and never will be a truly elite keeper. 

That said I'm not sure who'd replace him, don't think there's anyone clearly better. Pope is the complete opposite of him, fantastic reach but awful with his feet. 

My big concern for Pickford is penalties, I just don't see him being able to stop anything that is in the outer third of the goal.

I know historically that the majority of goalkeepers have been known to be a bit mental ..... but Pickford takes it to a whole new level.  This bloke is totally deranged and mentally unstable which to me, makes him a liability.  Goalkeeping wise I honestly think he's very average.

3 hours ago, KennyUtd said:

Not boring. In fact, very entertaining 😂😂

41 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Not boring. In fact, very entertaining 😂😂

When I was younger "Morecambe and Wise" gave me the most deep-seated, heartiest, uncontrollable LAUGHS on a very regular basis. No-one else and nothing else could come remotely near.

When they passed away I thought I would never, ever, get such amazing bouts of pure laughter ever again.

Then I found "RTG".

9 hours ago, KennyUtd said:

They are pathetic. Their new thing is taking photos of our fans wearing black and white shirts and getting all up a height about it. 

There’s only one of our clubs fans wear them at a General Election. 

8 hours ago, Danh1 said:

They are pathetic. Their new thing is taking photos of our fans wearing black and white shirts and getting all up a height about it. 

There’s only one of our clubs fans wear them at a General Election. 

Amount of the freaks wearing them at the Airport as well. They’re the strangest bunch in what they get obsessed about.

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Amount of the freaks wearing them at the Airport as well. They’re the strangest bunch in what they get obsessed about.

Dinnit garn to Ponteyland Airport, and not tak it owa, marra! FTM

My favourite is Durham mags wearing their colours but not going to games.

Have the thick as pig shit ignorant cunts not yet realised you just can't rack up and get in.....its not the sol

1 hour ago, Heyzeus scrogg said:

My favourite is Durham mags wearing their colours but not going to games.

Have the thick as pig shit ignorant cunts not yet realised you just can't rack up and get in.....its not the sol

Aye that one always amuses me. We have literally 10s of 1000s of fans locked out of every home game because demand is so high whereas they have a minimum of 10k empty plastic seats at every home game meaning anyone who fancies it can simple rock up on the day and get in.

They've never had an era in their whole history where they've had fans locked out of watching their team on a regular basis like we have. It's always been easy to pick amd choose games for them as they've never had the demand. 

10 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

No one from Newcastle/Northumberland  is "born" a Mackem

Exactly. It's learned, just like any other degenerate behaviour.