sunderland

Big River

On 19/07/2024 at 12:04, Stifler said:

In all honesty they are fucked if we get a 70k-80k seater stadium whilst they are not even in the Premier League.

You’ll see a change in parts of South Tyneside, and Seaham etc where the new generation of the families who supported Sunderland, would support us instead. It will creep over to the Northern ends of Sunderland, just down the hill from Boldon, and the outskirts like Ryhope etc.

Look at them already kicking off about people at Seaburn with a Newcastle top on. They know that there is a chance of this happening.

1 day later and 11 mag tops on Seaburn beach.

1 hard lad not knocking them all out because they may have kids with them.

Newcastle doesn’t have any beaches because none of them went to geography class and learnt the definition of suburban sprawl, and is landlocked, despite sitting on a river and actually having said rivers name within it’s official name.

1 lad from Boldon not realising that he himself isn’t from Sunderland, or even Wearside, and isn’t supporting his local team.

Oh, but they won the Benidorm lads derby with 2,500 of their SAFC shirted fans outnumbering the 50 unshirted Forest lads, even though they aren’t the local team.

8 minutes ago, AmericanLooneyToon said:

Screenshot_20240720-152216.thumb.png.7b19e5a05890179efae82c889764c790.png 

Comparing him to Wenger already. I figured it would take at least a couple of months before comparing him to the greatest French manager of all time. 

As I said last week, this is stage 1 where they give him a cute nickname and make weird comparisons.

If they start well he’s going to be better than Howe 

1 hour ago, AmericanLooneyToon said:

Comparing him to Wenger already. I figured it would take at least a couple of months before comparing him to the greatest French manager of all time. 

If they can't manage a couple of months, at least a couple of actual competitive games would be a start

Edited by OpenC

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

As I said last week, this is stage 1 where they give him a cute nickname and make weird comparisons.

If they start well he’s going to be better than Howe 

This convinced me to actually look at their fixtures, he will be hounded out by September if those two home games don't go well 

1 hour ago, AmericanLooneyToon said:

That "Grumpy Old Man" is a legendary mackem gobshite.  

If they mean that, ultimately, he'll be hounded out by dickhead fans of a club who think they're bigger than they actually are then... yeah, just like Wenger :lol: