sunderland

Big River

That's about what he's worth tbh. He looks a bit of a prospect but he's nearly 24 and has yet to kick a ball in the top flight despite spending the last 6 seasons in the English football pyramid. They're the first to bang on about 'he's worth as much as someone is willing to pay' and now he's gone for £15m+ - by definition that's how much he's worth. Their own valuations of £30m, £40m (even saw some daft cunt saying £60m - £80m) were always wildly, absurdly, ridiculously high. They've managed to convince themselves he's 3 times better than he actually is but that's them all over. The fewm will be off the scale and the subsequent meltdown will ruin their season, just watch. Burnley (H) at the weekend :lol:

Maybe the future sell on % is the pivotal thing in all this, yes it feels like we’ve had our pants pulled down now, but the likelihood is that Ipswich will get relegated, If we have a 40% sell on fee and he is sold for 60m next year, that could justify the piss poor selling price now,

afkgaming_2021-08_79649079-d0e7-4acd-853b-6a2b92797da3_copium_png.png.2b9e510141bce40e6eb788849ac94d30.png

26 minutes ago, midds said:

That's about what he's worth tbh. He looks a bit of a prospect but he's nearly 24 and has yet to kick a ball in the top flight despite spending the last 6 seasons in the English football pyramid. They're the first to bang on about 'he's worth as much as someone is willing to pay' and now he's gone for £15m+ - by definition that's how much he's worth. Their own valuations of £30m, £40m (even saw some daft cunt saying £60m - £80m) were always wildly, absurdly, ridiculously high. They've managed to convince themselves he's 3 times better than he actually is but that's them all over. The fewm will be off the scale and the subsequent meltdown will ruin their season, just watch. Burnley (H) at the weekend :lol:

Very good technical player at his level but he’s relatively one dimensional, drop shoulder and cut in with a pass into the far corner, and for me hasn’t got that extra yard you need at the highest level.

Ipswich going to have some team to blast the Championship if they end up going down though. Assume the extras are a staying up bonus. Additionally if Ipswich play him and Davis on the left you’re targeting that all day long if you’re an opponent. 

8 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

afkgaming_2021-08_79649079-d0e7-4acd-853b-6a2b92797da3_copium_png.png.2b9e510141bce40e6eb788849ac94d30.png

Relegated players always going for £60m these days of course. 

4 minutes ago, Disco said:

Very good technical player at his level but he’s relatively one dimensional, drop shoulder and cut in with a pass into the far corner, and for me hasn’t got that extra yard you need at the highest level.

Sounds a lot like Spurs new shiny toy Lucas Bergvall. 

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Sounds a lot like Spurs new shiny toy Lucas Bergvall. 

Thought he was supposed to be really good? Couldn’t pick him out of a line up personally but he was mad hyped albeit the step up is absolutely massive.

——-

An as an aside on Clark(e) he’s probably the most talented player these lot have had, that they’ve owned, since Khazri. Grim.

8 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Why is there only like 5 posts per page on that sunderland forum? :lol:

Probably so they can make their forum look more populated than it is, much like they do with the stadium attendance figures every fortnight.

19 minutes ago, Disco said:

Thought he was supposed to be really good? Couldn’t pick him out of a line up personally but he was mad hyped albeit the step up is absolutely massive.

——-

An as an aside on Clark(e) he’s probably the most talented player these lot have had, that they’ve owned, since Khazri. Grim.

I only really watch Djurgården when they play us at AIK, and they are always absolutely shite against us so don't see the big deal about him tbh. To be sold for more than wor Isak to Dortmund, I'm sure he has to have something about him, but I don't see it yet. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Never heard any noise about him as a player to look at for any Premier League clubs, but that does seem low in general considering his profile. 

What profile?

I only know of him because he's discussed on here, and that's mostly with ridicule, laughing at how the mackems bang on about him despite him having done basically nothing of note. I reckon if you asked Tottenham or West Ham fans about him, almost nobody will have heard of him.

Ive only ever seen him play once (vs us) so no idea how good he really is, but accepting 15+5 from Ipswich with one week of the window left would suggest no other club valued him any higher either. 

Edited by Nine

20 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

What profile?

I only know of him because he's discussed on here, and that's mostly with ridicule, laughing at how the mackems bang on about him despite him having done basically nothing of note. I reckon if you asked Tottenham or West Ham fans about him, almost nobody will have heard of him.

15 in 40 from left wing, young, English, the market. Don't get me wrong, I agree he's not on anyone's radar in the Premier League, I'd just maybe expect £20m-£25m for a player like that. RTG are talking about it being £11m with add ons up to £20m, pinch of salt with that one but even on the face of it £20m including add ons doesn't sound like a good deal for the Mackems if he's their talisman. 

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

15 in 40 from left wing, young, English, the market. Don't get me wrong, I agree he's not on anyone's radar in the Premier League, I'd just maybe expect £20m-£25m for a player like that. RTG are talking about it being £11m with add ons up to £20m, pinch of salt with that one but even on the face of it £20m including add ons doesn't sound like a good deal for the Mackems if he's their talisman. 

Fucking brilliant isn't it? :)

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

15 in 40 from left wing, young, English, the market.

Didn't realise he had 15 in 40, which is very decent and probably alone justifies at least what he went for.

"Young" seems pushing it though at what, 24? Probably won't push on too much from there. Not one minute in the PL either.

Not a big fee for him, that's for certain. I'd want a bit more more.

All this tells me is that I'm hoping Ipswich go down this year, as doubtless that's linked to the mackems getting the extra £5m. Absolutely nothing against Ipswich but someone's got to go down so it might as well be a team that keeps the mackems poor. :lol:

Worth remembering that given he has a sell-on clause to Spurs, they've actually got just shy of 12m for him (the add-ons may never come to fruition)

edit: only saw Wallsendmag made the same point after I posted

Edited by TheBrownBottle