sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Is that true about some of our lot jumping Everton fans at Central Station in the early 90s (and thus the root of their deep bond) or is it an RTGism.

Only I've never heard of this until today.

Would have to have been August93 as we never played them in the early 90s but for that.

Noticed somebody half-heartedly mentioned as a team they get on with as Verona.

That I can believe. The most racist place in Italy.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

Is that true about some of our lot jumping Everton fans at Central Station in the early 90s (and thus the root of their deep bond) or is it an RTGism.

Would have to have been August93 as we never played them in the early 90s but for that.

I’ve never heard that Everton story.I do remember the two games against Millwall in 1978.No happy memories for the Landan boys.

Edited by tomlynnherrington

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

JMadz is about to become the worst player in football history.

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

JMadz is about to become the worst player in football history.

Not as good as Milton Nunez if we sign him.

Edited by tomlynnherrington

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

I thought di Canio’s Lazio were.

35 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Not as good as Milton Nunez if we sign him.

I don't think he is much better than Pritchard for the division he is playing in

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, Cattletrucked said:

I noticed one of the knackers quoted Juventus that they have a bond with! No doubt because of the black and white tops 🤔. I’d say Juventus fans don’t even know what a sunderland is 

[emoji38]

1 hour ago, Cattletrucked said:

I noticed one of the knackers quoted Juventus that they have a bond with! No doubt because of the black and white tops 🤔. I’d say Juventus fans don’t even know what a sunderland is 

Well, when we beat their other (probably now former :lol: ) football fwends Feyenoord 2-3 to go through in the CL we needed Juve to win away at Dynamo Kyiv. They did, and...

Final word to Juventus vice-president Roberto Bettega:

"We promised we would help Newcastle United and we did."

https://www.nufc.com/html/2002-03html/2002-11-13feyenoord-a.html

:lol:

Their previous highest before the weekend was this game against Newcastle in 2010. Only 39k for the mags game when they were well clear at the top on the championship on their way to 102 points. Yet they have a go about our attendances

Our average that season was 43,388 and again 51,106 under Rafa. Whereas the last time they were in top spot (under their ex hero Keane) they averaged a massive 31,887. One argument they can never win is attendances [emoji38]

Ffs man.They really are a joke.One mackem is ecstatic because he’s found out their attendance against Coventry was higher than our attendance against Coventry the last time we played them in the Championship which was in season 2009/10.

With a bit more research he would have found out that our average attendance that season was higher than their’s,even though they were in a division above us.

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I think you might well be right.

The only slim chance they might have is the Boxing Day fixture but they could be near the arse-end of the table at that point which will sink it.

Edited by Sima

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Their previous highest before the weekend was this game against Newcastle in 2010. Only 39k for the mags game when they were well clear at the top on the championship on their way to 102 points. Yet they have a go about our attendances

Our average that season was 43,388 and again 51,106 under Rafa. Whereas the last time they were in top spot (under their ex hero Keane) they averaged a massive 31,887. One argument they can never win is attendances [emoji38]

I think I’m right in saying that they’ve beaten our average attendances on 25 occasions.In the early days for both clubs  the attendances were guesstimates.

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

The only slim chance they might have is the Boxing Day fixture but they could be near the arse-end of the table at that point which will sink it.

If they’re drawn at home in the League Cup in whatever round they go in at,you’ll see how loyal the fickle bastards are.

17 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Ffs man.They really are a joke.One mackem is ecstatic because he’s found out their attendance against Coventry was higher than our attendance against Coventry the last time we played them in the Championship which was in season 2009/10.

With a bit more research he would have found out that our average attendance that season was higher than their’s,even though they were in a division above us.

I'll go even one better, that average of 43,388 was higher than ANY of their average attendances in the premier league, from when they went up in that 2006/07 season, until they were relegated again. Their nearest was 43,344 the following season they went up [emoji38]

Edited by et tu brute

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I'll go even one better, that average of 43,388 was higher than ANY of their average attendances in the premier league, from when they went up in that 2006/07 season, until they were relegated again. Their nearest was 43,344 the following season they went up [emoji38]

Good research.Have you been visiting statcat?

Up to the end of the 2021 season, records state Newcastle had the highest season average 95 times, compared to the inbreds 21 …so it’s now 96 to 21. I only looked it up after a mackem I worked with kept babbling on about their record attendance and that they averaged higher than us most of the time, and he kept a straight face when saying it. Also bear in mind that our capacity was lowered a lot for around 20 years when the Leazes End was knocked down. Roker Park was never altered. So really all they can spout off about is having a ground that held more when they got their record attendance. Anyway case closed, all the ammunition is there to shut the gormless twats up on attendances. 

05503472-B653-44A6-B599-3BCE6DEDADC9.png