sunderland

Big River

2 hours ago, bhoywhonder said:

A story in 3 parts....from the group who do nothing but decry Wor Flags' Efforts:

Part 1: Hi everyone, looking for volunteers for tomorrows display. Remembrance day so super poignant....Lets go.

(Everyone stares at shoes, no-one replies. 3 hours pass)

Part 2: Hi again, our numbers have been halved after the NA_LY OU1NM shit show, so we'd love a chance to give it another go...anyone?

(2 people make their excuses....and up steps this hero:

Part 3: "I cant be there, but hopefully people get there, I know its a fans funded effort, but its a pity the club couldnt offer something to the volunteers, free pie and pint at the match?"

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/poppy-display-volunteer-info.1593020/

It really is hilarious how just utterly shit these clowns are at just everything they try. God love 'em.

At leeeyst theirs is fan funded marra.

5 hours ago, Jonas said:

I could just let them go, but then they'll come up with stuff like this unchallenged.

There's an irony in them flagging up certain occasions in that it highlights them as exceptional rather than something common place. (ourselves, Man U).

When they took 15k-200k (estimates vary) to Manchester City for a crucial game. The week before they got 22,000 at home to Arsenal. 22,000 was their average.

They took x amount to the league cup final (who doesn't) but had a half-empty stadium for the semi-final against Man United and a more than half empty 20,000 in the Quarter-Final against Chelsea. (Who else has ever done that?)

Before the 1992 FA Cup final that 40,000 plus came out the woodwork for, their last league gate was 19,000 and their next home gate was 16,000. The cup run started with a 15,000. They were mid-table, we were bottom. We got 26,000 the same round for a televised game against Bournemouth pre Keegan with hardly any Bournemouth fans.

28,000 against us in 92/93 was preceded and followed by 14,000 and 15,000 gates.

40,000 against us in 05/06 was preceded and followed by gates of 28,000 and 29,000.

15,000 for an FA Cup game at home to Arsenal in 96, the same night we had a 36,000 sell-out against Charlton

Its a cheek because along with Villa I consider them the most fickle fans in the country. (Villa would get 45k against Man U one week and 15k against Norwich the next back in the day).

That Bournemouth game was the first ever FA cup game to go to penalties, sure of it!

The Mackems are as reliable about their away numbers as ancient historians were about the sizes of armies.  ‘Darius entered Greece at the head of a million men’; ‘Vercingetorix’s Gauls numbered 330,000’; ‘the Red and White Army took 80,000 down to Rotherham on a weeknight’

Maybe Herodotus was a MLF?

3 hours ago, Cattletrucked said:

I think this win at Huddersfield the other night with 50,000 tramps there has went to their heads a tad :mackems:79288D05-D6C4-48A1-B91F-71A254BB56E6.thumb.jpeg.5e902d2dce78c5b9c265affe0888f0ba.jpeg

Apart from the excellent spelling mistake for PNG, wouldn't football supporters in China be more likely to support Charlton or Portsmouth off the back of the Netflix show?  I thought glory seekers only wanted to see teams win things ...

4 hours ago, Cattletrucked said:

I think this win at Huddersfield the other night with 50,000 tramps there has went to their heads a tad :mackems:79288D05-D6C4-48A1-B91F-71A254BB56E6.thumb.jpeg.5e902d2dce78c5b9c265affe0888f0ba.jpeg

Yeah because yous really shone yourselves in such a good light in that Netflix series.[emoji38]

These lot live in a fantasy world.

Edited by Scoot

5 hours ago, Cattletrucked said:

Aye, but they don’t have much of a following in Mama New Guinea……….that’s deffo a Mag country.

10 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

At leeeyst theirs is fan funded marra.

The last post is amazing and absolutely sums them up.

Class dedication all involved

Nobody's going to help yet we're still getting a big pat on the back :lol:

6 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The Mackems are as reliable about their away numbers as ancient historians were about the sizes of armies.  ‘Darius entered Greece at the head of a million men’; ‘Vercingetorix’s Gauls numbered 330,000’; ‘the Red and White Army took 80,000 down to Rotherham on a weeknight’

Maybe Herodotus was a MLF?

All the ‘achievements’ and prefer the championship/League One etc banter reminds me of Meet the Fokkers’ Wall of Gaylord: 

4FD4A922-B005-4733-AEDA-BE52EBE5ECB3.gif.1c76dab835a08a2726c675e1dd8f159a.gif

Once Xi Jinping has eradicated the Uyghurs, as a MLF, he’s then naturally going to turn his attention to the North East, wiping out the black and white sportswashed hordes, and regaining all the lost MLF strongholds.

human rights? FTM- they don’t deserve any, marra.

Xi Jinping’s Red (and white) army! 

Edited by Manxst

5 hours ago, John tolan said:

That Bournemouth game was the first ever FA cup game to go to penalties, sure of it!

It was the first televised FA Cup shoot-out. The first from the 3rd round (depends whether people factor in R1 R2)

Just guessing here but we must have been the first team to lose two televised penalty shoot-outs in the same season.

Amazing how a club with so many fans all around the world that's only recently began to lose territory in the North East again has only filled their stadium less than 10% (and that's generous) of the time since it opened. They must count fans as people that are inclined towards Sunderland by parentage or watch Netflix documentaries and not whether there's any interest whatsoever in actually going to games or the club itself.

They're not fans marra. That's just people.

Edited by Jonas