Norwich City vs Newcastle United, Saturday 23/4/2022 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

LRD

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

People saying Howe can finally experiment with the team selection -> Howe experiments with team selection -> Awful decision

:lol:

Get beat and he'll go from being our Alex Ferguson to Darren Ferguson

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Joelinton will be playing upfront.

Howe is probably looking to evaluate him in that position, in a setup that is not ultimate sit back Bruce ball, and with Joelinton now full of confidence. I like it.

This. Would be quite interesting to see if Joelinton can boss the defenders about. 

My only concern, and it sounds harsh, but Lascelles. He's unfortunately not good enough for where we want to be. Hope he proves me wrong however.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

A dreadful decision :lol: 

Course it is. Joelinton isn’t great up too and it takes him out of our midfield for Longstaff who isn’t good enough. Also puts more pressure onto our defence that has Lascelles in it. Still, hopefully Joe is in the midfield. 

Bruno     Longstaff 

Murphy        Willock         Joelinton

ASM

Is my guess, based on Howe's recent substitutions.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

As long as it isn’t Joelinton up top we still might win 

I'm going to put some money down on him getting a couple of goals today if he is indeed up top :lol:

Don't get all this Lascelles hate like. Every player was shite under Bruce, Shelvey, Krafth, Joelinton and they all look like different players.

Lascelles made a mistake against Everton and instantly made up with a goal.

Yet he gets instantly written off today? Like he might play awful today but I'd imagine if he was that shit Howe wouldn't have started him

1 minute ago, Decky said:

Course it is. Joelinton isn’t great up too and it takes him out of our midfield for Longstaff who isn’t good enough. Also puts more pressure onto our defence that has Lascelles in it. Still, hopefully Joe is in the midfield. 

Well, considering how bad Wood has been up top, it's hardly going to be a huge drop off.

We also have a manager that sets the team up far better, and the team is playing with a lot less pressure as well as a ton of confidence.

I'm backing big Joe to get at least one goal today if he starts up top, which I think he will.

2 minutes ago, Decky said:

Of course he's good enough to play an end of season game against an already relegated Norwich to give the regular starters a rest.

Just now, KaKa said:

Well, considering how bad Wood has been up top, it's hardly going to be a huge drop off.

We also have a manager that sets the team up far better, and the team is playing with a lot less pressure as well as a ton of confidence.

I'm backing big Joe to get at least one goal today if he starts up top, which I think he will.

Hopefully you’re right. The issue isn’t the goals or Wood it’s more taking Joelinton out of the midfield for a much inferior Longstaff. Hopefully they both score and prove me wrong!

1 minute ago, STM said:

Bruno     Longstaff 

Murphy        Willock         Joelinton

ASM

Is my guess, based on Howe's recent substitutions.

Yep i also want to see what ASM will do up top, he can't do worse than Wood and might actually give us some form of outlet. If he comes deep to pick up the ball, it'll allow Murphy, Willock and Joelinton to run ahead. The issue ASM has is that he's usually leading the line while ball carrying (Wood goes invisible), and has nothing to aim at. I've seen him oftentimes that towards the end of the run as he's approaching a dead-end he's got his hands out, palms up, asking what his options are.

If we had runners off the ball ahead of him, it'd pull the opposing defence apart. They have to double up on him in the middle and that creates huge spaces in the channels for our midfielders and wide players to run into.