Norwich City vs Newcastle United, Saturday 23/4/2022 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

LRD

Got a feeling we will revert back to shitness here because of the changes .

I think 13/5 is fantastic value for Norwich today mind , I think we will lose 2-0 

sorry 

Today's going to be interesting think Norwich will have the fire in their belly and now we have hit the magic number will we push on. I would like to think the owners have revised the incentives for league positions including a safety bonus and now a top half finish bonus. I mean the squad deserves it. 

18 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Win today and we can put any thought of relegation to bed. Maybe even a draw, but a win would be huge!

I'm not sure.  Burnley look likely to be on a new manager bounce and you can never discount Norwich until they are mathematically certain to go down.  Oh and Watford.

3 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Today's going to be interesting think Norwich will have the fire in their belly and now we have hit the magic number will we push on. I would like to think the owners have revised the incentives for league positions including a safety bonus and now a top half finish bonus. I mean the squad deserves it. 

I don’t think Eddie will risk a winning formula until mathematically safe. The team are enjoying that winning feeling and will give it 100% for the shirt, the fans and their boss! Another win and we’re over the line, then and only then imho would he consider tinkering with formation and squad rotation, but even then, Eddie is so driven and professional that he’ll want us up the table as high as possible, and wouldn’t set us up to weaken the side and possibly lose. We’ll  find out soon enough :indi:So good to look forward to and enjoy match days again :cool: 

I don't think he'll make any changes to the back four. Defenders aren't the usual ones who need a rest. Likewise I think he'll keep Shelvey in that anchor position.

Longstaff and Willock in for Bruno and Joelinton maybe. 

If Fraser's fit, he may be in for ASM. If not, Murphy. Almiron seems to be inexhaustible. 

I can't see much alterative to Wood up front.

I've read a lot about our away form being crap still. Since Howe came in we're W3 D1 L6 away from home. Not great at first glance, but four of those loses were away to top six sides. Against sides in the bottom half it's actually a healthy W3 D0 L1. That suggests we need to find a way to be more competitive away to better sides rather than being crap full stop.

Joelinton looks knackered and isn’t influencing games like he was when he first went into midfield. He seems to be playing through a few injuries and all. I thought he was anonymous second half against Palace. I’d say he is an obvious one. 

Not really followed anything in the build up to this. But sounds like he’ll be making a few changes. Not sure who is good enough to start ahead of any of the current XI. Bar maybe Willock? So I’m hoping he doesn’t make too many changes. 

2 hours ago, GWN said:

I think 13/5 is fantastic value for Norwich today mind , I think we will lose 2-0 

sorry 

FFS man :lol:

Changes could of course have an impact on performance but think positively. Given the upturn in squad morale, the new lads coming in should be motivated to want to perform.

2 hours ago, GWN said:

sorry 

I wouldn't say it's fantastic value, it's probably about right.

I don’t think we have ever not lost at least 1 game against an newly promoted side in a premier league season, so that’s why you can guarantee we will get beat today. 
happy for someone to tell me otherwise 

Edited by nufcnick

:lol: wat

Norwich are shite and we have some of the best form for PL teams since the new year. They will give us a game for sure, but Howe won't allow players to turn up with their slippers on.

Guest reefatoon

I have no worries about players coming in. If Krafth can turn it around anyone can. Another win today.

42 minutes ago, Klaus said:

:lol: wat

Norwich are shite and we have some of the best form for PL teams since the new year. They will give us a game for sure, but Howe won't allow players to turn up with their slippers on.

We will see , hope so .

Think it’ll be a pretty open game. Looking forward to it, just hope playing with a little bit of pressure off doesn’t reduce the intensity in our defensive third. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a score draw.