Newcastle United 0-1 Liverpool (30/04/2022)

Disco

Theres lots of occasions when VAR will give Liverpool a decision but wouldn't if it was us, but for me that's not one of them.

Stay tuned in the next hour though as we may see something to really complain about soon enough.

2 minutes ago, NUFCPAUL said:

Utterly embarrassing people complaining about a foul on Schar, make the rest of us look like fools.

Embarassing?? It looked like a foul until we saw the replays. Pipe down man. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

He isn’t a striker that’s why 

Actually think he's looked decent, considering we are playing more of a controlled press, so as not to let Liverpool in behind too easily.

He's clearly now looking to release the ball a bit earlier, and he's going to be a threat in behind and running at them with pace as a forward.

So annoying that it's seemingly always these controversial decisions that opens up the game for the bigger teams against us. Maybe it was the right call by the ref, but it wouldn't have been a massive talking point if Schar had gotten a free kick either.

Just now, Mike said:

ASM frustrates me. I know it's unfair but he frustrates the fire out of me.

He frustrates us all. Even his biggest fans know it really. Sadly it’s getting longer and longer since he did anything for us.

Just now, Bompeter said:

ASM is an appalling striker of the ball. Just miserable. 

Always looks to whack the living heck out of the thing :lol: 

Needs to practice his R1 + O shots.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Actually think he's looked decent, considering we are playing more of a controlled press, so as not to let Liverpool in behind too easily.

He's clearly now looking to release the ball a bit earlier, and he's going to be a threat in behind and running at them with pace as a forward.

Same. `he looks a threat, hasn't quite capitalised on anything yet, but that's not because he's playing as a striker.

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

ASM frustrates me. I know it's unfair but he frustrates the fire out of me.

He's an incredibly frustrating player, particularly against the better teams where you really don't have as many opportunities with the ball, as his mishaps are then so much more glaring.

I find him far more tolerable when he's much further up the pitch like he is today though, as when he's out wide and losing the ball in our half it is just the absolute worst.

Edited by KaKa