Season Tickets (2022/23)

mofo

Season Tickets 22/23  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Interested to see who is hoping to get a ticket when they come on sale. I like many gave my ticket up under Fat Mike and I'm hoping to get a new one....

• Got my ticket sorted so not bothered, sit back and watch the chaos!
    • Gave up under Ashley and hoping to get a ticket
    • Not had a ticket previously, hoping to get one

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

It specifically said one per supporter number, to be fair.

Yeah, I assumed that meant you have one supporter number, so you can buy one. And your mate who also has one can also buy one. 

I didn’t realise you would be able to use each other’s position in the queue to buy them all. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, I assumed that meant you have one supporter number, so you can buy one. And your mate who also has one can also buy one. 

I didn’t realise you would be able to use each other’s position in the queue to buy them all. 

It’s basically like standing in a queue with a mate and when it’s your turn you both step forward together to sort with same member of staff.

Linking ST/memberships nothing new. It’s 2 tiered. You do it usually so when you apply for away tickets you all end up sat together. There’s a slightly weaker relationship where you can just apply for extra home tickets for others linked also. The former is called a travel group iirc.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It’s basically like standing in a queue with a mate and when it’s your turn you both step forward together to sort with same member of staff.

Linking ST/memberships nothing new. It’s 2 tiered. You do it usually so when you apply for away tickets you all end up sat together. There’s a slightly weaker relationship where you can just apply for extra home tickets for others linked also. The former is called a travel group iirc.

Not exactly. Your position in the queue was allocated randomly. So 3 people have triple the chance of getting number <1000 and being able to buy the tickets. 

I understand the general linking of accounts, but I don’t think it’s fair in this case. 

This is mostly moot since the number of tickets is so tiny anyway. And of course you can use multiple devices etc. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Aye, and there's not an option to do that online - you have to ring the box office. Just linking accounts as friends and family can be done online.

I just read it, fucking shocking the mag like.

Basically reads like how posters on RTG mock conversations...

"Aaaah luv tha toon me and a divvint fink a cud live with masell if I dared boycott like them ova shitty fans"

13 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I’ve just seen a headline, from an article in The Mag: “Sorry for those who couldn’t get NU season tickets but where were you when Ashley couldn’t give them away?” 

😂 talk about a disincentive to read it! 

The Mag is talksport for retards these days. 

4 hours ago, jarrovianmag said:

I remember years ago queuing up in person for Blackburn cup tickets. They had to get the staff in at 4am as queue was so big. We were one of the last to get tickets

I was in that queue. We joined the queue at 7pm the previous night and it was already the full length of the Gallowgate and going around to the East Stand.

Got beat 1-0 as well [emoji38]

2 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I reckon the 30,000 supposed people after tickets is probably closer to 10,000 in reality. I know some people who had 10 browsers open for themselves :lol: 

still think it’ll be fairly simple to get tickets on a match by match basis as long as you’re on the ball

It'll be a lot more than 10k like! We've only got 30k season ticket holders now and in 17/18 we had 44k. You can't seriously tell me that demand is less than it was under Mike Ashley!

We could comfortably sell 55/60k season tickets right now if we had the capacity.

57 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not exactly. Your position in the queue was allocated randomly. So 3 people have triple the chance of getting number <1000 and being able to buy the tickets. 

I understand the general linking of accounts, but I don’t think it’s fair in this case. 

This is mostly moot since the number of tickets is so tiny anyway. And of course you can use multiple devices etc. 

It is because you could be stood at the front of queue and your mate might of arrived later 🙂 I get what you ar saying of course. Surprised your brother and you have never linked in the past mind. 

The two people I know successful have both been solo but both used 4 browsers. Fair play to them but maybe something that needs to be tighten up.

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It is because you could be stood at the front of queue and your mate might of arrived later 🙂 I get what you ar saying of course. Surprised your brother and you have never linked in the past mind. 

The two people I know successful have both been solo but both used 4 browsers. Fair play to them but maybe something that needs to be tighten up.

My brother wasn’t eligible anyway since I’ve bought all our tickets since the takeover.

Like I said though, it’s academic, almost nobody had a chance of getting one. 

Not gonna lie I feel really deflated :lol: All likelihood is that any future STs will see the same scramble as today and slim likelihood of success.

Demand will increase year on year and it’ll end up being a similar scramble just for the odd match ticket.

May as well forget ever going to an away game again.

Just now, wormy said:

Do people imagine there'll be a waiting list for season tickets soon? That used to be a thing, didn't it? 

Yeah. I mean, is there only 31,000 season ticket holders now?

Could well release more next season or perhaps half season tickets. Who knows.

25 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Not gonna lie I feel really deflated :lol: All likelihood is that any future STs will see the same scramble as today and slim likelihood of success.

Demand will increase year on year and it’ll end up being a similar scramble just for the odd match ticket.

May as well forget ever going to an away game again.

Does it make more sense leaving the ST's as they are now so to allow more people more chance at single games?

And maybe make further plans for expansion/moves if it was deemed necessary. Then hopefully we could satisfy ST demand whilst allowing a healthy amount for single purchases.

3 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Does it make more sense leaving the ST's as they are now so to allow more people more chance at single games?

And maybe make further plans for expansion/moves if it was deemed necessary. Then hopefully we could satisfy ST demand whilst allowing a healthy amount for single purchases.

My issue with that is by the time STs go on sale we’ll probably be successful and the competition for the new allocation will be even higher (with a band of new glory folk to go with it too). 

I suppose a way of doing it would be a tiered membership scheme allowing people to build points by attending single matches who then get priority for future STs.

I don’t think another 4,000 tickets today would’ve caused too much bother with single games still being available.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

32 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

My brother wasn’t eligible anyway since I’ve bought all our tickets since the takeover.

Like I said though, it’s academic, almost nobody had a chance of getting one. 

That’s what I’m surprised by. That he didn’t buy a membership post takeover as was always likely to help. That’s what I told my mate to do and it’s worked out for him.

Other than yourself the two people I knew trying to get one both got one so wasn’t that big of odds it seems when using multiple browsers.

Anyway plenty of match to match tickets hopefully for you both 🤞🏻

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

My issue with that is by the time STs go on sale we’ll probably be successful and the competition for the new allocation will be even higher (with a band of new glory folk to go with it too). 

I suppose a way of doing it would be a tiered membership scheme allowing people to build points by attending single matches who then get priority for future STs.

I don’t think another 4,000 tickets today would’ve caused too much bother with single games still being available.

Yep I agree on further tickets being released today, still would've left a fair amount for single purchases imo.

They've got a conundrum on their hands, and like you say, depending on how fast they achieve what they want too they may already be behind the demand.

1000 does seem unnecessarily low to me as well. 

Hopefully the club come up with a suitable plan to address the incoming demand over the next couple of years.  I'm hoping they come up with some magical plan to increase capacity if I'm honest :lol: 

As happy as I am that I managed to get sorted today, I've just had to explain to my 10 year old daughter that I couldn't get her one and it wasn't fun.  Tried to sugar coat it by telling her it's a foot in the door and that I should now be able to get her to more games by grabbing tickets for her and the missus before general sale.

A lot of disappointment going around today, they need to come up with something. 

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

1000 does seem unnecessarily low to me as well. 

Hopefully the club come up with a suitable plan to address the incoming demand over the next couple of years.  I'm hoping they come up with some magical plan to increase capacity if I'm honest :lol: 

As happy as I am that I managed to get sorted today, I've just had to explain to my 10 year old daughter that I couldn't get her one and it wasn't fun.  Tried to sugar coat it by telling her it's a foot in the door and that I should now be able to get her to more games by grabbing tickets for her and the missus before general sale.

A lot of disappointment going around today, they need to come up with something. 

I mean in your situation they really don't. Get a membership tomorrow and your 10 year old can go to as many games as she wants. 

Just now, jonny1403 said:

I mean in your situation they really don't. Get a membership tomorrow and your 10 year old can go to as many games as she wants. 

Yeah... I was just referring to the situation in general.