Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Why can't I find the relevant bit on the website to actually buy one of these things?

You are on the right website? There are two. One is for tickets.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

And as a result they have the most uncompetitive league in European football. But at least they can watch it cheap.

I hear what you’re saying, but we’ve got a collective who seemingly want to make the Premier League as uncompetitive as it can be, so we can’t pretend it’s totally worth it.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

And as a result they have the most uncompetitive league in European football. But at least they can watch it cheap.

What percentage is match day revenue in club income? Actually curious I don't know but was under the impression it wasn't that high? Sure if more money comes in from the TV side they can at least freeze prices of match tickets? Always just seems to go up even when the teams are making more money.

I just joined the queue. Almost 7000 people ahead of me and close to an hour wait.

I only wanted to buy my three season ticket seats...  haha...  think if they are not available when I get to the front of the queue I might not bother...

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I hear what you’re saying, but we’ve got a collective who seemingly want to make the Premier League as uncompetitive as it can be, so we can’t pretend it’s totally worth it.

And how do we crack that ‘cartel’? By allowing other teams (🙋🏻‍♂️) to gain the resources to challenge them.

We've gone from spending zero, to being the third highest net spenders in Europe over the last few transfer windows (https://www.football365.com/news/arsenal-dominate-top-ten-net-spenders-in-europe-since-2020-but-spurs-not-far-behind). Folk want the club ran sustainably, they want us to bolster the squad by another striker, RW and potentially CM on top of the above spend, plus they want tickets to stay at the same price as under Ashley while we have little / zero increase in corporate revenues while current deals expire and a bunch of deadwood tied to contracts for the next 12-24 months. Something has got to give somewhere along the line.

11 hours ago, midds said:

Don't agree that fans are getting shafted, there's no obligation to go, as I said it's maybe a fiver too much imo but it's not anything to kick off about. Fact is that despite how rich the owners are they still need to get as much money into the club as they possibly can, they're not missionaries who are giving tickets away for free. They've priced them slightly too high imo but it's barely worth getting upset about. They're trying to maximise revenue and I think they'll do that. 

Yeah that's fair. Probably a fiver too much but it's clear we're investing in the squad. £35 for 2 games isn't ridiculous or owt.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

And how do we crack that ‘cartel’? By allowing other teams (🙋🏻‍♂️) to gain the resources to challenge them.

Can get a season ticket at AC Milan for 200 euros as well mind so isn't just a German thing.

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Can get a season ticket at AC Milan for 200 euros as well mind so isn't just a German thing.

Aye and they couldn't afford Botman ^^

Yesterday FC Pinzgau Saalfelden tweeted that tickets for 1860 Munich v Newcastle would be available online today, they deleted the tweet though. I'm surprised those tickets are not for sale yet with 10 days remaining. 

2 minutes ago, HawK said:

Aye and they couldn't afford Botman ^^

Is that down to how much they charge for tickets or how much wealth their owners have already? I'm not saying ours should be that cheap btw I think £25-30 is reasonable for a premierleague game.

Edited by WillingtonMag

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Sure you’re right. And overall we probably do pay too much in this country.

I just rail against the idea that the ‘German model’ is some great panacea to all footballs ills. 

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Is that down to how much they charge for tickets or how much wealth their owners have already? I'm not saying ours should be that cheap btw I think £25-30 is reasonable for a premierleague game.

Oh for sure there's many factors affecting the spending power of our two clubs, I was just making the point that if you want the best players to play for your team, you're going to generally have to pay more to see them, whether that's tickets or TV subscriptions etc.

2 minutes ago, nufcmichael said:

Yesterday FC Pinzgau Saalfelden tweeted that tickets for 1860 Munich v Newcastle would be available online today, they deleted the tweet though. I'm surprised those tickets are not for sale yet with 10 days remaining. 

Mainz fans are kicking off about playing us due to ‘Saudi human rights’. Trying to get it cancelled.

Just now, HawK said:

Oh for sure there's many factors affecting the spending power of our two clubs, I was just making the point that if you want the best players to play for your team, you're going to generally have to pay more to see them, whether that's tickets or TV subscriptions etc.

Aye I see what you're saying but have to draw a line at some point, if the clubs in Spain start charging £100 a game for match tickets and then can raise more money for transfers it doesn't mean I want us to start charging that as well. There's enough money In the game now where cost doesn't need to be put onto the fans really, the TV money and sponsorships are the big earners.

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Aye I see what you're saying but have to draw a line at some point, if the clubs in Spain start charging £100 a game for match tickets and then can raise more money for transfers it doesn't mean I want us to start charging that as well. There's enough money In the game now where cost doesn't need to be put onto the fans really, the TV money and sponsorships are the big earners.

Yeah I follow you. And to be honest, match-going fans in the PL are a big part of the product. Especially our fans with all the fantastic work @Heron and the rest of Wor Flags do.

But until some global-regulation or restriction on spending/finances comes in (which never will unfortunately), I don't see it changing. Whatever club has the most £ to spend will generally get the best players, and with this godawful FFP regulatory system in place, clubs are going to push every revenue stream available.

5 minutes ago, midds said:

Done. Gallowgate for Atalanta and East stand for Bilbao. 

Will probably be the only games I get to go to this season so I'm looking forward to them

What was the availability looking like?