Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

Just now, Rod said:

You were one of those that wanted rid of Eddie Howe after two weeks weren't you?

You're not telling me that Lascelles is up to this level?  Longstaff and Anderson (currently) as well?  

The point is that we are playing a CL quality team and some of our squad are lower Prem at best.  There is no shame or ultra negativity in that.

Just now, HawK said:

Playing his way into the starting lineup. He'll look better in a team that is further up the pitch in a team that presses from the front. He's been pressing alone on a full-court press for years until recently.

He got a few in recent internationals as well didn’t he?

Almiron could be a major beneficiary of players like Trippier and Bruno that can spot a pass this season. His pace and movement will see him get plenty of chances.

He just needs to finish them...

Just now, LV said:

I missed what Bruno did in the build up. What did he do? 

Fuck all actually, I’m watching on a small screen and mistook the switched pass out wide to Trips as coming from Bruno, not Almiron 

1 minute ago, BonesJones said:

Quite like this Rafa, he normally plays on the right I believe.

Usually in the left but is now playing more in the middle, behind the striker.

He is our best player.

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

You're not telling me that Lascelles is up to this level?  Longstaff and Anderson (currently) as well?  

The point is that we are playing a CL quality team and some of our squad are lower Prem at best.  There is no shame or ultra negativity in that.

Let’s not start an argument on a Tuesday night pre season friendly,

on a different note - how shit is ASM? (Joke)

Just now, ScottishMagpie said:

only been watching not long before their goal and just noticed that there's no commentary.  Prefer it.  Football commentators add fuck all these days.

If you're not hearing the commentary, I promise this time you're missing out :lol:

2 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

So did you want rid of Eddie Howe after two weeks?