Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

Does this suggest his preferred CB partnership is Botman and Lascelles?

also interesting to see Trippier partnered with Fraser and Target with Murphy which may suggest Maxi may not start v Forest.

Trying to glean anything from the 2 lineups is futile tbh. They've all played with each other at various points throughout pre-season, so the team could be anyone's guess.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Fucking hope not but would explain how he somehow kept the captaincy. Dreadful decision if so.

I highly doubt it's the case, if anything id say the back 5 today is the back 5 that starts next week.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

I highly doubt it's the case, if anything id say the back 5 today is the back 5 that starts next week.

That’s fair enough however I’d question why we’ve spent 40m on a Cb to sit on the bench when we need forward players.

5 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

That’s fair enough however I’d question why we’ve spent 40m on a Cb to sit on the bench when we need forward players.

I think it's clear that Botman will be our first choice going forward, but Howe may want to do what he did with Bruno and ease him if for a game or two to allow him to get used to the physicality and pace of the Premier League.

I'm viewing the CB pairings as Schar+Botman-alike and Botman+Other. I think the preferred pair will be Schar and Botman for Forest.

There is actually a fair drizzle of first team starting this game, it's just that it's mostly defensive and highlights our lack of attacking depth.