Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

With the games announced on consecutive days anyone buying a ticket should have been well aware they likely wouldn’t see the strongest XI.

This whole  pre season has been about getting fitness in the legs of the full squad against decent opponents.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Ofc it's not going to be a all purples playing tonight considering there's a game on tomorrow as well. Wtf was people expecting? :lol:

Maybe one good attacking player on the pitch 😂 

Certainly an interesting end to pre-season with back to back games. Difficult to look at the two line-ups in terms of a potential 11 against Forest as I think there are a few tonight who will play a part tomorrow and the majority of our starting line-up picks itself. Formation wise we seem set on this 4-3-3 so the only decision for the season opener seems to be Schar or Burn to partner Botman.

6 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

The line-up is to be expected (what with 2 games 24 hours apart). But it never sat right with me, having 2 pre-season games this close to each other. Doesn't seem like an ideal way to ready the favoured team for the new season.

However, if Howe planned it this way...then I'm sure he has a well studied reason. 

On the flip side you want as many players as possible to be able to come into the team and know their place in case of suspensions, injury, rotations. 

Edited by Conjo

Guest HTT II
Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Eales is in attendance tonight.

Hopefully he gets to experience an electric atmopshere!