Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

4 hours ago, alexf said:

Yeah I don't think anyone has done 90 mins in any of the friendlies so far so u might think 2 line ups would likely be give a full game each. Then a sprinkling of youngsters on the bench incase of any injuries.

Kell Watts played 90 mins against Gateshead, but can't think of anyone else.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

Im going tonight, with my son. My wife was supposed to be going with me but she has covid (I had it last week).

Ive only been to one game in the last 18 years, and that was Keegan’s first game in Jan 2008.

Enjoy mate, hope your wife makes a speedy recovery from Covid too, bet your  boy is buzzing for it.

Guest HTT II

Tickets remain on public sale, although prices have now increased to £25 adults and £15 concessions. 

Scandalous that mind, 25 quid for a friendly when it can be watched for free in NUFC.co.uk

Guest HTT II

If I went tonight with my two boys and brother, with transport, food and drink, I’m looking at over 100 quid. Worrying…

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

If I went tonight with my two boys and brother, with transport, food and drink, I’m looking at over 100 quid. Worrying…

Must admit, this is why I'm saving myself for a big day out next week for the Forest game tbh. Also keeps the wife happy [emoji38]

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Scandalous that mind, 25 quid for a friendly when it can be watched for free in NUFC.co.uk

Not really, people have had plenty of time to buy one for £15. If you're going and haven't bought one yet that's on you IMO. Plus the fact that it's on NUFC TV means you don't have to go if you don't fancy it. 

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Not really, people have had plenty of time to buy one for £15. If you're going and haven't bought one yet that's on you IMO. Plus the fact that it's on NUFC TV means you don't have to go if you don't fancy it. 

Howay man, 25 quid is ridiculous, even 15 quid early doors is hefty. Mind, I wouldn’t and won’t be buying any tickets anytime soon regardless, but giving the cost of living these days and how many families are now wanting to experience a match, it’s far too pricey. Like I said, 90 minutes of a friendly against some Italian team would have cost me over 100 quid this evening for two adults and two kids all in. Fuck that every week. I’ll stick to IPTV!

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

It’s not that ridiculous. It’s nearly a sell out so it shows the demand is there.

And that’s why people will pay such silly prices, I just find it wrong and massively overpriced. 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I thinks it affordable enough if you don't have kids. With them it's too expensive, like. Kids should be under a fiver for a friendly.

That’s the problem, friendlies are an ideal time to get families in and get the next generation to start following the club, but the costs man…

Guest HTT II

Tenner adults, fiver for kids, OAPs free with a paying non OAP adult and anyone disabled the same. 

2 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

You got a surname? I'm going tonight and it would be nice to know who to look out for!

It’s Miley. Lewis Miley will be on the bench from what I know. Not sure if his older brother Jamie will be in tomorrow?

17 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Runt of the litter 😉 (just kidding). Must be like a full-time job getting them all to training and matches! 

Aye runs his own building company with my other mate to so he never has any spare time. Said he loves it though. His oldest just signed his first professional contract recently. Said Ashworth was at St James at the same time sorting out the bits for the Botman transfer and they were told to stick around for a bit as Ashworth wanted to speak to them. Said he was a mint bloke and explained that they want a path for every youngster to try and get in the first team.