Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

13 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We looked really sharp last night and I though Willock and Murphy were more involved in an attacking sense higher up. Again, we’ll be fine this season even if we don’t strengthen again, which we will, 3 more players I’m told.

Any names ?

We pressed well 

we look very very fit 

Some nice play at times 

enjoyed watching what felt like a proper match 

We are desperate for that little extra creativity and firepower 

Same squad gets us 10th 

two or three quality additions - we have to push for Europe and 7th place  - I think it’s very achievable - and we will do it 

Both longstaff and elliot seemed way off the pace of the game, this probably made bruno try harder and resulted in a few "forced" mistakes.

Both shelvey and Big Jow looked much more comfortable on the ball and also looked much more zoned in on recovering the ball. Joe was majestic in his first twenty minutes, was like have an adult playing against a load of ten year olds!!!

I liked Willock as well, added a bit of zest and great engine!

Honestly thought the defence in the second half looked ten times better than the first half performance (Botman not included). The passing was much better (shelvey helped this a lot- he impressed) and less panicked (lascelles).

Both the youngster and krafty played a lot better than targett and trippier, although trippier got up the pitch a couple of times and helped the goals.

Calum didn´t play his best but i thought the centre half (big lad) who was marking him had a great game and got away with murder (crap ref).

If calum gets injured we are Funked! (no back up tbf...).

Resumé:

We 100% need another striker in before window shuts. this is a no brainer!

A right midfielder cum striker would be perfect, but if Miggy kept this form up in the league we would be laughing...

36 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We looked really sharp last night and I though Willock and Murphy were more involved in an attacking sense higher up. Again, we’ll be fine this season even if we don’t strengthen again, which we will, 3 more players I’m told.

:lol:

By who?

3 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Just watched 10 minutes highlights and there was not one second footage of ASM doing anything with the ball. Was this a fair reflection? 

He put Wilson thru for a great chance but Wilson was offside and missed anyway and had a shot that was just wide 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Just watched 10 minutes highlights and there was not one second footage of ASM doing anything with the ball. Was this a fair reflection? 

He had a shot and put a nice threaded through ball to put Wilson one on one with their keeper but that’s all I can really remember. 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Nah, he did slip in a few balls, some clever, some over hit, he switched play a lot to the other flank quite well I thought. Off the ball though he was very lazy and whenever touched did his usual stroppy in a huff taking forever to get back up shit, it’s like he personally finds it offensive to even be touched. Just get back up and get on with it you planet soft cunt.

4 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Was that the extent of his contribution? 

I don’t think anyone would disagree if I said that him, Wilson, Anderson and Wood had the least outfield touches of the ball in that match.

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Nah, he did slip in a few balls, some clever, some over hit, he switched play a lot to the other flank quite well I thought. Off the ball though he was very lazy and whenever touched did his usual stroppy in a huff taking forever to get back up shit, it’s like he personally finds it offensive to even be touched. Just get back up and get on with it you planet soft cunt.

This 100%.

I am beginning to think that if someone offered us 35M (standard price for any bugga these days) for him, I would snap their hand off and buy someone who would put the work in and offer some more attacking prowess. they don´t have to be "great to watch" just efficient in what they do and their contribution to the team...

I only caught the second half and the goals.  Decent play and finishes from Trippier and Almiron. 

We still look a bit toothless in attack.  But I was impressed with the intensity and the pace we tried to play at.  I know it's pre-season, but we seemed to attempt to build from the back and pass about a bit.  At least that was the case in the 45 minutes that I watched.  It was against proper European level opposition and in front of a decent crowd and all. 

So all in all, it was quite positive and what I saw was fairly promising.  But it did just further highlight the need for a couple more attacking options.  

Edited by Lush Vlad

Just to add, I was impressed with Bondwell.  He looked decent on the ball, pretty quick and fairly assured at both ends of the pitch.  

Willock and Murphy both looked rapid, but the quality was perhaps a bit lacking at times.

I was wondering if it was just iffy highlights because there’s a lot of comments about how we need to replace miggy because he lacks end product but uproar when folk suggest ASM isn’t pulling his weight. ‘Selling our best attacking player is daft’ etc. not sure he is our best attacking player.