Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

Excited for tomorrow. Though I’m sitting with the in laws in the Rangers end, I can hopefully work on my nephew to fuck off his city tops and adopt NUFC as his second team…

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Is it just me or does it seem way too early to be having friendlies? Half the team only started training on Friday.

Personally thought we’d only have the America trip and sela cup and that’s it.

24 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Excited for tomorrow. Though I’m sitting with the in laws in the Rangers end, I can hopefully work on my nephew to fuck off his city tops and adopt NUFC as his second team…

He’ll not want to support city after hearing and seeing the Broomloan Stand tomorrow night.

Hi folks, Fiorentina fan here in peace with a question! 

Wondering if anyone knows info or can advise on Sela Cup tickets for Sat 5th-Sun 6th August......basically I'm planning on coming down with my son from Glasgow for both days but there doesn't seem to be any ticket info for away fans.

After numerous attempts to speak to someone in the ticket office, I was eventually told that the club are 'in discussions' about ticket arrangements. There's nothing yet from the Fiorentina website or my contacts who can usually order tickets for us. Assume it might be similar for Nice and Villareal fans and we're all given a section of the Leazes stand?

Ideally it would be nice to be with our fans but really want to go, so don't mind sitting anywhere in a home section and could register online and buy as a 'home fan' (I presume this is ok as it's a friendly and we're no trouble anyway!) I'm also assuming we can't just turn up and buy at gate as it's a new digital system?

Any info on procedure or advice on where to sit appreciated!

Cheers,

Stuart

19 minutes ago, Viola Stuart said:

Assume it might be similar for Nice and Villareal fans and we're all given a section of the Leazes stand?

I’d assume this would be the case and you’d be in the seats L4A-D (given they’re not for sale currently and that’s where smaller numbers of away fans go when the top tier isn’t open) and if not you’ll be put up in L7. Can’t imagine stewarding and segregation would too officious anyway but that might just be me being lax.

It’s nowhere near sold out yet so I’d not worry on that front. RE: turning up on the day and I don’t know if this will change due to digital tickets but it’s previously been more expensive. 

You know if many are coming over or Italian exiles coming up for it?

1 hour ago, Disco said:

I’d assume this would be the case and you’d be in the seats L4A-D (given they’re not for sale currently and that’s where smaller numbers of away fans go when the top tier isn’t open) and if not you’ll be put up in L7. Can’t imagine stewarding and segregation would too officious anyway but that might just be me being lax.

It’s nowhere near sold out yet so I’d not worry on that front. RE: turning up on the day and I don’t know if this will change due to digital tickets but it’s previously been more expensive. 

You know if many are coming over or Italian exiles coming up for it?

Thanks for the info. I think I'll hang fire and see if there's ticket news nearer the time then, assuming as it's not going to be a sell-out. 

Getting home tickets in Italy is straightforward but for the occasional Euro games I attend, it can be complicated due to security and needing to buy from Italy. I usually get one of my Italian friends to buy and bring over. Last time was the Hearts match in October and I got them via the Viola Club Brussels. There's a few other fan groups based in Europe that like to come over to UK games e.g. London and Paris, so I'd expect a few hundred fans maybe, whereas it would be 2-4k for a competitive game. 

I'm assuming that there's no need for proper segregation for this but maybe Newcastle will want it as there's fans from 4 nations in stadium at same time? If I can't get away tickets I'll grab some in a Leazes section nearby. At least the hotel is booked!

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

Really looking forward to tomorrow. Only ever done stadium tour at Ibrox, so great to get to properly tick off such a classic UK stadium.

Been to Ibrox once as a guest of Mrs Ketsbaia for Scotland v Georgia when he was their manager. :lol: Me and my dad sat surrounded by people from the Georgian FA and a few ex-Scotland internationals I couldn't recognise. Proper ground though. 

21 minutes ago, HWTL said:

I've got a ticket for Rangers end, do you think I'll be OK wearing toon top?  as it's only a friendly 

Been thinking that myself…I’m not risking it like. Most will be fine, but there are some unbelievably radge cunts that support Rangers. Lived in Glasgow long enough to know that you’re never very far from a psycho 🤣

Edited by AJ9

11 hours ago, Hovagod said:

Any decent places to drink tomorrow?

Drink in the city centre or west end and get the subway into ibrox. My favourite haunts in the west end were Doublet, Inn Deep, Thornwood. For a bit more of a sportsy vibe / massive pub there’s the old school house and bag o nails. All of those pubs walking distance to one of the subway stations and it’s about 10 mins to Ibrox.

Don’t really have any recommendations in town like but sure it’ll be busy around merchant city 

Edited by AJ9

14 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Been to Ibrox once as a guest of Mrs Ketsbaia for Scotland v Georgia when he was their manager. :lol: Me and my dad sat surrounded by people from the Georgian FA and a few ex-Scotland internationals I couldn't recognise. Proper ground though. 

would have loved to have seen the introductions in the directors box:

”I am Scotland’s top living goal scorer”

”I played for Scotland at the World Cup”

”I am Head of Georgian FA”

”I am Georgian Foreign Secretary”

“I once contacted the Georgia manager’s wife on behalf of an online forum to establish his interest in the NUFC manager job”

”and I’m his Dad”

3 minutes ago, James said:

would have loved to have seen the introductions in the directors box:

”I am Scotland’s top living goal scorer”

”I played for Scotland at the World Cup”

”I am Head of Georgian FA”

”I am Georgian Foreign Secretary”

“I once contacted the Georgia manager’s wife on behalf of an online forum to establish his interest in the NUFC manager job”

”and I’m his Dad”

She actually sorted a ticket for my uncle who is Scottish and lives just outside Glasgow at the last minute when she knew we were staying at his. Lovely woman.

FB_IMG_1689660197410.jpg