Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

Would be a grim experience watching Bruno throw a first pitch.

That ball he threw directly into the ground....he 100 percent meant to throw that home. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

That ball he threw directly into the ground....he 100 percent meant to throw that home. :lol:

This is what happens when the only two sports kids are taught are futebol and petty crime.

Miggy doing his interview in Spanish with the commentator being forced to ask questions in both English and Spanish and then also translating his answers is hilarious. I kind of love how he's just refused to learn the language despite being seven years into his career in two different English speaking countries.

29 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Miggy doing his interview in Spanish with the commentator being forced to ask questions in both English and Spanish and then also translating his answers is hilarious. I kind of love how he's just refused to learn the language despite being seven years into his career in two different English speaking countries.

It is funny - though I very much doubt a British or Irish player doing likewise wouldn't be criticised heavily for it.  The lad doesn't exactly have to, of course.

90 minutes analysis.

. Our midfield were rubbish.  A 17 year old kid was the stand out.  Joelinton was awful.  Tonali meh.

. No pace in defence.

. Gordon is going to be awesome this season.

. Pope is the best keeper in the Premier.

I finished my Sauvignon Blanc but refuse to go on the gin and tonics.  Far too early in the day. 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It is funny - though I very much doubt a British or Irish player doing likewise wouldn't be criticised heavily for it.  The lad doesn't exactly have to, of course.

It kind of annoyed me as recently as last season, but I've decided to just appreciate the stubbornness. It's kind of hard to be mad at Miggy for anything other than his (missing) right foot.

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

It kind of annoyed me as recently as last season, but I've decided to just appreciate the stubbornness. It's kind of hard to be mad at Miggy for anything other than his (missing) right foot.

Can't remember where I saw it, probably on here in some capacity, but if I remember correctly he understands English and speak English with the team, but he's not comfortable doing it in interviews.

Had to watch the game in replay so just finished now. Are there any Miley stats from his performance? Didn't seem to put a foot wrong. Player of the pre-season for me so far.

Been two great games so far to prepare us for the coming season. I am missing Neil Sika on commentary though.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Can't remember us criticising Beckham for it?

4 hours ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Gordon has looked incredible this half. 

4 hours ago, JUICE690 said:

So Gordon’s fucking mint then.

Good thing people weren't writing him off after a few weeks, and being insufferable about it.

3 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Don’t you get a point per goal scored and three for win one for draw

No but just discovered Brentford and Fulham are also in this. Thought it was just the 3 we're playing plus us. :lol:

If we beat Brighton, Villa lose to Brentford and Fulham draw with Chelsea, it might go to goals scored/difference. 

Screenshot_20230727-070914.png

5 hours ago, Rod said:

I will do my first half analysis at half time (obviously).  However, I must warn you all that I am now on the Sauvignon Blanc.

:lol: