Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

How we have started a game with dummett, and ended it with Ritchie and still drew is bonkers.

We are, contrary to some fans beliefs, still a very good side when we kick on in games.

Looking forward to seeing more of Miley mind you.

Good watch that. Draw probably fair.

Anderson, Miley, Lascelles, Gordon, Manquillo definitely standing out as having good games. Both our strikers on the scoresheet with "strikers goals" and Barnes getting his debut. Good to see Big Jow back too.

On the other side... Dubravka at fault for two of the three goals, Dummett being Dummett, Ritchie looks even slower than I remember and Targett looked suspect at times.

Overall a good exercise - much better playing PL opposition than pissing about playing Portland Timbers reserves or whoever we used to always face on these jaunts.

Just now, NE27 said:

How we have started a game with dummett, and ended it with Ritchie and still drew is bonkers.

We are, contrary to some fans beliefs, still a very good side when we kick on in games.

Looking forward to seeing more of Miley mind you.

She in concert like? ? 

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

The commentators and presenters completely ignoring the fact we didn't play our usual way, and still seem to think Villa were the best team.

What on earth were they watching ? :lol:

They have to pretend it’s a proper game I guess, that’s the Premier League Summer Series product they’re promoting. 

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

The commentators and presenters completely ignoring the fact we didn't play our usual way, and still seem to think Villa were the best team.

Mental given the penalties we should have had and the chances wasted. 

When you're looking for a nice nothing to lose game of enjoyable football on an evening/morning you always end up getting roped in don't you?

Like a ZDS/Anglo-Italian game.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Villa used their actual proper approach, which will hopefully help us in the league game. 

Sleep tight everyone. 

Aye that was my point with us going 3-4-3. Emery learns nothing new today, we probably do. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

They have to pretend it’s a proper game I guess, that’s the Premier League Summer Series product they’re promoting. 

We were the better team despite playing so disjointed at times. Surely they should be seeing what any normal sane person would have.

3 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Must be getting the under-dog rub. Didn't even think they were the better team when people were pissing all over the bed linen in the first half.

4 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Ah just seen the vid, it's not Cuba its @socaljawd. Yous related?

Hi branko. I introduced myself to that guy in the pisser at the match tonight. Told him someone recognized him from an Internet forum. 

Wasn’t him though. Just looked at me like I was an absolute internet freak. 

so thanks for that. 

xoxo

Also, when it was practically both sides strongest 11 we pissed it. Emery has got Howe's number. We'll definitely not make those efforts in the league game.

From the Villa board, when the fuck did we have our strongest 11 out at any time? 

Edited by et tu brute

52 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Also, when it was practically both sides strongest 11 we pissed it. Emery has got Howe's number. We'll definitely not make those efforts in the league game.

From the Villa board, when the fuck did we have our strongest 11 out at any time? 

They don’t watch us so obviously they know absolutely nothing.