Pre-season (2024/25): Yokohama F Marinos 2-0 Newcastle United

bowlingcrofty

5 hours ago, Cronky said:

The refereeing could have been more objective, but we were well beaten.

I'd not seen Sanusi before. A real talent, by the looks. Harrison also looked promising. 

I'd forgotten how bad Lewis is. Until half an hour into the second half, I'd forgotten he was on the pitch. He never seems to want the ball. 

Lewis didn’t come on until 64th minute so a bit harsh on him 🙂

31 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Planned EDL march on Sat 10th - damn -means I can’t attend SJP for my own safety -  balls

Hopefully it will have blown over by then and you feel safe enough to go.

Absolutely fucking tragic if even one fan decides against going to a game because they don't feel safe thanks to racist idiots :(

My nephew’s local team is the Yokohama Marinos. He was wearing their top yesterday. He’d have probably gone to the game with his dad if he was in Japan at the moment. Over for the holidays, he was pleased with the result 

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I’ve run out of things to say about Longstaff now.

I worry that Tonali will take a while to get up to speed when he is baxk and Longstaff will have the place nailed down for a while 

I know he's apparently trained well but imagine he'll take a while to get match sharpness 

49 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Planned EDL march on Sat 10th - damn -means I can’t attend SJP for my own safety -  balls

Come hang out with us if you feel unsafe.

They have had marches in the past and been secured in an area.  They will do fuck all as per normal.

I would bet most people will be opposed to them and call out any of their shit.  Unlike Hartlepool we are not so stupid we would hang a monkey because we thought it was a spy.

Edited by Slim

25 minutes ago, Slim said:

They have had marches in the past and been secured in an area.  They will do fuck all as per normal.

I would bet most people will be opposed to them and call out any of their shit.  Unlike Hartlepool we are not so stupid we would hang a monkey because we thought it was a spy.

Will see how this plays out during the week - hopefully settles down - if it doesn’t then sadly I’ll have to give it a miss 

4 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Will see how this plays out during the week - hopefully settles down - if it doesn’t then sadly I’ll have to give it a miss 

Get to the ground early it’ll be no where near the ground. You’ll be safe among the fanbase. Be a lot of families going to that game 

Edited by gdm

5 hours ago, Mikky said:

5 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

Same here 🥲

How the fuck has it come to this :'(

11 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Would have been a different result if we had scored one of the early chances we created.

Still, I'm getting 2022-23 season vibes looking at how good we played early on. Just need to get into stride.

Aye, any teams who play a high line we're going to get a lot of joy against again. We got behind them loads, just a bit of sharpness, final touch was missing. Think we'll score for fun again.

10 hours ago, Slim said:

No need, I’m from Hartlepool 😂

11 hours ago, Mikky said:

From what I’ve seen online it’s going to be at monument area. If clubs still struggling with miggy and Murphy by then I’d suggest Mitchell sends a few folk down there and picks up a couple of bargain right wingers. 

In all seriousness it’s a disgrace people even having to think this way. I’m taking the bairn next week and was in the same mind set as to take him or not but we don’t drink in monument area. 

10 hours ago, Mikky said:

Yup don't wanna be Broon in the Toon this Saturday. But part of me wants to give a big fuck you to the racists. Do I put my kids through it?

50 minutes ago, Magdad said:

From what I’ve seen online it’s going to be at monument area. If clubs still struggling with miggy and Murphy by then I’d suggest Mitchell sends a few folk down there and picks up a couple of bargain right wingers. 

In all seriousness it’s a disgrace people even having to think this way. I’m taking the bairn next week and was in the same mind set as to take him or not but we don’t drink in monument area. 

Will go straight to the game and back. Nee drinks in the toon.

Wonder what our European guests will make of it all.

No legendary Geordie hospitality Saturday. Really hope I'm wrong. 

Edited by huss9

7 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Will go straight to the game and back. Nee drinks in the toon.

Wonder what our European guests will make of it all.

No legendary Geordie hospitality Saturday. Really hope I'm wrong. 

Fan zone is open , they’ll not be thick enough to go near there surely. EDL - not fans 

Edited by Magdad

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Almost a full strength Newcastle thrashed by a Japanese side. 

Will Howe last 10 games with Southgate waiting in the wings? 

Southgate will be at Man Utd well before then.