Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

How do we reckon this is going to be structured? A weakened team today with a lot of the squad players, with the "first" 11 playing tomorrow? Or do we think it'll be a mix again?

Just now, 54 said:

How do we reckon this is going to be structured? A weakened team today with a lot of the squad players, with the "first" 11 playing tomorrow? Or do we think it'll be a mix again?

I'd be massively suprised if it's not a mixture. If not only because it would seem a little unfair on people only going to watch one of the games if it was basically the u23s today and full 1st team in the other.

Also, I'm fairly certain Howe won't be playing what could be considered his starting 11 for Forrest, he'll not want to give anything away just yet. 

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, 54 said:

I think we will carry on like all the other friendlies and have two teams playing 45 mins each. Then do the same on the Saturday.

Without poring over the starting line-ups and subs, there seems to have broadly been two teams featuring over pre-season, with a sprinkling of youngsters. You'd wonder if he might play each of the two teams and give them closer to ninety minutes straight. 

31 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Without poring over the starting line-ups and subs, there seems to have broadly been two teams featuring over pre-season, with a sprinkling of youngsters. You'd wonder if he might play each of the two teams and give them closer to ninety minutes straight. 

We need to play at least 1 game with our starting lineup though. 

35 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I'd be massively suprised if it's not a mixture. If not only because it would seem a little unfair on people only going to watch one of the games if it was basically the u23s today and full 1st team in the other.

Also, I'm fairly certain Howe won't be playing what could be considered his starting 11 for Forrest, he'll not want to give anything away just yet. 

I don't think Eddie Howe comes across as the sort of bloke who'd pick a team for a friendly this close to the season with that in mind [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I don't think Eddie Howe comes across as the sort of bloke who'd pick a team for a friendly this close to the season with that in mind [emoji38]

Would be nice to see the first choice midfield and attack play together to an extent though. Haven't seen that once yet