Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

1 minute ago, HawK said:

Shelvey severely limits how we play. Absolutely nothing going through the middle with him on the pitch and trying to play a 60yard ball every time. Willock and Anderson may as well not be on the pitch.

It does feel a little one dimensional and easy to defend against. I know it sounds simplistic but I honestly think that (when we’re building from the back) if he just edged up a little— left, right or central— as an option to receive the ball it would really help; not least as it may pull the opposite out of position. 

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

It does feel a little one dimensional and easy to defend against. I know it sounds simplistic but I honestly think that (when we’re building from the back) if he just edged up a little— left, right or central— as an option to receive the ball it would really help; not least as it may pull the opposite out of position. 

Totally agree. There is coming deep to receive the ball to move it forward and then there is Jonjo Shelvey deep where he finds himself behind the CB's. We don't need a midfielder dropping in there.

28 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I remember watching matches streamed on JustinTV from people in the crowd streaming to Periscope at like 0.5kbps and it still stuttered. 

Full HD coverage with commentary and we're whinging because the bloke commentating on a Newcastle pre-season friendly in Austria isn't Barry Davies :lol:

We're just making it more entertaining. I don't even know who the bloke is and I doubt he cares.

9 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I know it’s pre season but Burn looking “slow” Maxi is in the back pocket of their RB.

I swear Maxi gets unfairly called out. He still looks our best player to me. When he gets going he always looks the most dangerous and causes problems.