Newcastle United vs. Arsenal 16/05/22 @ 8pm (Sky)

Personally I think the standard of Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd in the top 4 race has been appalling. No side has showed any consistency. Arsenal are very capable of a stinker.

I've been saying for days that we will win this. I don't rate this Arsenal side much at all, outside of Saka and Odegard.

They did lose three on the bounce to Palace, Brighton and Southampton in April so I don't think the wounded animal aspect applies quite so much in their case. We can definitely get a result. 

6 hours ago, STM said:

Personally I think the standard of Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd in the top 4 race has been appalling. No side has showed any consistency. Arsenal are very capable of a stinker.

I've been saying for days that we will win this. I don't rate this Arsenal side much at all, outside of Saka and Odegard.

Agree, these teams are fighting to stay out of CL positions the way they have played at times. That said, Spurs have looked increasingly likely over the last month or so. Bastards.

I fancy us to win tomorrow, Arsenal's surrender in the London derby will have really dented their confidence. They won't fancy this one.

Guest reefatoon
17 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Fancy us to beat these, based on absolutely nowt.

Agree. Last home game, amazing atmosphere. We’d give anyone a game.

Our home form is excellent. Even Liverpool struggled to get a result. I see no reason why Arsenal will match Liverpool.

I'm confident of our midfield to make the game tough.

I'm going to pretend it's my head not my heart saying we'll win this.  

I do think playing at home will give us a huge lift and not of the feral sort that we had against Tottenham when we were first taken over. Our style at the moment suits this game with Arsenal needing to win and us being solid.  I can see the fans cheering every tackle like a goal and us hitting them at pace on the break when they are stretched.

Key to this is ASM, but he's obviously a liability due to his lack of tracking. So I'd be tempted to switch him and Alimiron so it's Almiron helping out Targett against Saka.

I really hope Trippier and Wilson are fit enough to start. A front three of ASM, Wilson and Almiron would cause most defences trouble and Arsenal have a few injuries.

Howe on Jay Turner-Cooke:

"He's a player with very good technical ability and, with the injuries to Jonjo and Joe Willock, he was close to playing. He was close to being involved because those two players have injuries that may well keep them out for the rest of the season. He's trained very well with us. He's been with us for probably a couple of weeks in terms of training and he's done well."

No idea who he is but they talked about him on the Pod on the Tyne podcast and said he might feature at some point these last two games. I hope he gets to come on tomorrow 😁

3 minutes ago, Peppe said:

"He's a player with very good technical ability and, with the injuries to Jonjo and Joe Willock, he was close to playing. He was close to being involved because those two players have injuries that may well keep them out for the rest of the season. He's trained very well with us. He's been with us for probably a couple of weeks in terms of training and he's done well."

No idea who he is but they talked about him on the Pod on the Tyne podcast and said he might feature at some point these last two games. I hope he gets to come on tomorrow 😁

He’s the lad that walked out on Sunderland after his dad was pushed out after years.

34 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Don't rate Arteta. Prove me wrong chump.

That cast iron hairline has fooled everyone, if he had Count Dracula hair like his predecessor he'd have been hounded out months ago.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:
10 minutes ago, Peppe said:

Expand  

He’s the lad that walked out on Sunderland after his dad was pushed out after years

Ah, yeah, I read that he left Sunderland. Seems to be highly rated so that's good news for us 😊