Overrated players

Guest ManDoon

20 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Damn Kaka is a very controversial one, I thought he was incredible. Pato kind of flamed out.

Pato was good when you looked at him as a 17-18 year old. Developed to fuck all. Thought he would be the next big thing, total flop of a player. Kaka was amazing though. 

The only think you could say about Kaka was a lot of his game was physical attributes and once he lost a step he regressed quite a bit.

He was undoubtedly the best player in the world for about 18 months and was generally brilliant for Milan.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

The only think you could say about Kaka was a lot of his game was physical attributes and once he lost a step he regressed quite a bit.

He was undoubtedly the best player in the world for about 18 months and was generally brilliant for Milan.

Started pulling his groin after he lost his virginity/got married. Should've stayed a virgin.

Guest ManDoon
3 minutes ago, Flip said:

Started pulling his groin after he lost his virginity/got married. Should've stayed a virgin.

:lol:

Ronaldo could've possibly been the reason for Pato's demise and lack of development:

''Ronaldo came over and asked how I was, and then he told me ‘You have to decide, come with me (and he showed me a Playboy) or go in Kaka’s group (who in the dressing room had some church things)’.”

38 minutes ago, Flip said:

:lol: I won't take shit opinions like this. Respect the King.

Fuck are you on about? :lol:You realize Santos was the best team in the world back then? Went to Europe every year and beat the Champions League winners and top teams of Europe back then? The Benfica side with Eusebio that won two straight CLs (and played another two in 5 years) were torn apart by Santos and Pele scored 7 goals in three matches against them. Those games were prestigious back then. 

He won 6 Brazilian league titles in 8 years in a time where their biggest competitor was Botafogo with the likes of Garrincha and Nilton Santos who beat the shit out of most teams as well. 

Completely agree. 

Under bruce maxi under howe maxi, used to love the dude but theres just nothing there. yea he can run with the ball but thats about it

Pay peanuts get...... i spose

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

Kaka was really a physical specimen in his prime. Pace, power, agility. When that went he went largely.

This may be harsh, more 'underperforming' than overrated and even though I love him, Paulo Dybala. Was tipped to be one of the best players in the world in 2017-18 and his numbers hugely suggested that, but since that season he has not hit those heights. Injuries and never being central often enough at Juve when Ronaldo was there has affected that though imo.

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Think I'll just drop this then log off. 

Cristiano Ronaldo

This for me. Watched him a few times live at the match and obviously loads on tv.

It's just "run, trick, run, failed trick, dive, whine and gesture at the ref"

*disclaimer: remember I got more and more disinterested in football as the ashley years went on so maybe he improved but I've been watching him at man u and his attitude is just as bad as I remember.

2 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Gianluigi Lentini has to be in here. Signed for Milan around 92. At a time when big fees in the UK were around 3-4m, he cost 13m and was rubbish for them. Developed a big rep at Torino but flamed out, don't know the back story though. He was pretty much the poster boy for daft Serie A expenditure in the 90s.

The same summer Vialli went to Juventus, was a disaster too until 94/95. Remember marvelling at the price tags. 

Lot of that was about the foreign players rule so they needed the best Italian players they could get and they were at a premium.

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

No one rated Jonas very highly did they? Apart from Maradona. Still love the lad though 

You mean International Right Back Jonas Gutierrez? No, no they didn't :lol:

Haven't read the last 10 pages, but I can think of a few: Pogba and...no just Pogba.

19 minutes ago, Stal said:

This for me. Watched him a few times live at the match and obviously loads on tv.

It's just "run, trick, run, failed trick, dive, whine and gesture at the ref"

*disclaimer: remember I got more and more disinterested in football as the ashley years went on so maybe he improved but I've been watching him at man u and his attitude is just as bad as I remember.

He's 37.

34 minutes ago, Cronky said:

This may come back to haunt me, but Declan Rice.

A good player certainly, but I haven't yet seen a performance which suggests he's worth £100m+.

He's a good player but his 'value' is more of a reflection of his value to West Ham and the fact they don't want to sell him and strengthen a rival. 

Kinda like how Zaha has been stuck at Palace because they value him way more than any of the top teams would pay for him. 

We could potentially have a midfield three of Bruno, Paqueta and Kamara for less than the price of Rice.