Terrible players who become Messi/Ronaldo incarnate when playing us

gjohnson

Not the worst player I’ve ever seen, but Pahars scored in something like five or six consecutive games against us for Southampton and looked like a world-beater, despite being the most Southampton-y player ever (mediocre but not useless, scented blood vs Newcastle)

Just now, joeyt said:

Mark Crossley

Maybe it was just that one game

Was just thinking of him :) - though I suspect it was just that one game (tbf, from memory he had a few canny games vs us.  Including our first 0-0 in something like 70-odd games)

16 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Always seem to remember Jason Roberts playing ridiculously well against us

I was going to say him, the cunt would look like Pele on a 'vs Newcastle' highlights reel.

Not a terrible or mediocre player at all but whenever Mesut Ozil was bang out of form and being hammered by the press you just knew he'd score the winner against us for Arsenal.

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Was just thinking of him :) - though I suspect it was just that one game (tbf, from memory he had a few canny games vs us.  Including our first 0-0 in something like 70-odd games)

He played like Johnnie Stretchy eight arms in that Ian Woan 1-1 game too, having previously played against Man Utd (5-0) like he was on a bet to not use his arms 

11 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Mark Crossley

Maybe it was just that one game

I'd take any opportunity to criticise Souness, but that was genuinely one of the most bizarre games I've ever seen. Dominated and created chance after chance in a 4-1 loss. 

19 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I know someone's already mentioned that Sunderland squad but Seb Larsson was the worst of the lot

The nonce was far worse imo.

Guest neesy111
24 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'd take any opportunity to criticise Souness, but that was genuinely one of the most bizarre games I've ever seen. Dominated and created chance after chance in a 4-1 loss. 

He still deserved criticism for leaving us exposed at the back after having 4 strikers on.

Again not terrible but felt like Graziano Pelle scored regularly against us

He was always my fantasy football captain whenever we played Southampton away. Felt like guaranteed points

Maybe I'm misremembering it though

Edited by joeyt