General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Well this'll be a bit of a mess.

A 6-1 win for Spurs against Rochdale in their FA Cup Fifth Round replay on Wednesday night means that Newcastle's Premier League fixture at Wembley on Friday March 16th has been postponed.

Instead of hosting us, the Cockerels will now be in  Quarter Final action at Swansea City that weekend.

Their FA Cup progress does nothing to clarify when our game could now be played, with a Champions League campaign also clouding the issue.

Success against Juventus at Wembley next Wednesday  - it's 2-2 after the first leg - means that Spurs would be in midweek CL action again on 3rd/4th & 10/11th April.

And were they to progress further, then the semi-finals would be on April 24th/25th and May 1st/2nd.

PL live TV fixtures for April are now known, with Spurs at home to Manchester City on the evening of Saturday 14th April and away at Brighton on Friday April 20th.

However that latter game would be postponed were Spurs to be in FA Cup Semi-final action that same weekend, further muddying the waters.

They won't, so no problem

If the idiots got together and showed some common sense then they could have left our match at Spurs on Friday 16th and played Swansea vs Spurs in the FA Cup on Tuesday 20th as it's only shitty international friendlies the following weekend!

SKY Sports shouldn't be allowed to announce live matches if there is any kind of doubt with them! Look at the matches in doubt in their April fixtures - shambles!

Sunday, April 8: Everton v Liverpool (2.15pm)*

Sunday, April 8: Chelsea v West Ham (4.30pm)*

Monday, April 9: Arsenal v Southampton (8pm)

Saturday, April 14: Southampton v Chelsea (12.30pm)

Saturday, April 14: Spurs v Man City (7.45pm)

Sunday, April 15: Newcastle v Arsenal (1.30pm)

Sunday, April 15:  Man Utd v West Brom (4pm)

Monday, April 16:  West Ham Utd v Stoke (8pm)

Friday, April 20: Brighton v Tottenham (8pm)**

Sunday, April 22: West Brom v Liverpool (2.15pm)*

Sunday, April 22: Man City v Swansea (4.30pm)***

Monday, April 23: Arsenal v West Ham Utd (8pm)****

Saturday, April 28: Liverpool v Stoke (12.30pm)*

Sunday, April 29: West Ham v Man City (2.15pm)*

Sunday, April 29: Man Utd v Arsenal (4.30pm)*

Monday, April 30: Spurs v Watford (8pm)*

* Subject to movement due to Champions League

** Subject to movement due to FA Cup

*** Subject to movement due to Champions League and FA Cup

**** Subject to movement due to Europa League

Should make them play two in three days. PL Friday night, FAC Sunday or even Monday.

If they are good enough to still be in all these competitions then that’s their issue. Why should we be affected? Imagine going to Spurs second last game of the season midweek needing a win to have a chance of survival all because their fixture congestion made us wait two months to play.

I remember when we played a UEFA Cup quarter final game on the Thursday, then an FA Cup semi final on the Sunday. A Friday and Monday set of fixtures for Spurs would be a similar time between games. We should dig our heels in and insist they fulfill the fixture.

I remember when we played a UEFA Cup quarter final game on the Thursday, then an FA Cup semi final on the Sunday. A Friday and Monday set of fixtures for Spurs would be a similar time between games. We should dig our heels in and insist they fulfill the fixture.

Good point that plus one the Wednesday after as I was at all three - a nightmare six days!

Thu - Sporting Lisbon away - 1-4

Sun - Man Utd - Cardiff semi - 1-4

Weds - Norwich away - 1-2 (1-0 up and conceded two late goals!)

Thanks for reminding me of that  :lol:

Remember when we played Thursday then Wolves away on the Saturday lunchtime because Fat Freddie didn't want to lose the TV money?

Aye, was that the firework game?!

Aye.

What's the likelihood of getting a ticket even in the home end for that if it's moved to mid-April? I'd never be able to get an away ticket but I'm guessing Spurs don't sell out Wembo.

They don't. Pretty easy, might have to buy a membership though.

Our club's Youtube channel is fucking shit!

Just watched Klopp's presser for game tomorrow on Liverpool's channel after it popped up, and for some naive reason I thought Rafa's might be on our own. Obviously it isn't, and just remembered/dawned how terrible it is compared to a few clubs out there.

Our club's Youtube channel is fucking shit!

Just watched Klopp's presser for game tomorrow on Liverpool's channel after it popped up, and for some naive reason I thought Rafa's might be on our own. Obviously it isn't, and just remembered/dawned how terrible it is compared to a few clubs out there.

Maybe one for the "Things you like that other think is shit" thread, but I actually quite like our social media presence, its not overly in your face, but the seem to be quite funny.

Yeah, Liverpool are pretty decent. Used to enjoy watching Man City's one a few years ago - thought their Inside City thing was pretty ahead of the times back when it started, along with their tunnel cam on match days.

Not on Twitter/FB/Instagram, so can't attest to what the club get up to on those platforms, but the club's YT channel did hit me as a little drab.

Seems a fairly simple exercise to get off the ground for a business the size of a PL club. Can't be that hard to get a couple of media grads to follow the team round with cameras and get regular content out. The clubs going to have an existing media team anyway. Nowadays if done moderately well can pay for itself, not to mention the worldwide publicity viral videos can have for the club. 

I'm hoping that Swansea vs Spurs doesn't go to a replay and they announce this for Wednesday 28th March as it'll be virtually a nice week off work with Good Friday and Easter Monday!

Possibly too short notice to arrange but you never know with them lot!

I'm hoping that Swansea vs Spurs doesn't go to a replay and they announce this for Wednesday 28th March as it'll be virtually a nice week off work with Good Friday and Easter Monday!

It can't go to a replay, extra time and penalties from the quarter finals.

England are playing on the 27th so can’t be then unfortunately.