General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest firetotheworks

I wonder what happened with Cisse like, because like you say the goals he was scoring were all great finishes. It'd be pretty unlikely to hit a patch of luck like that.

He came back after that summer and it was all gone. Not just his finishing, he'd gone from being quite strong to being incredibly weak, slow, awful first touch. Was like a different player in all the wrong ways.

Don't forget that Pardew took him out of the position he was in that brought him the purple patch. We'll never know whether he'd have been the same player, but we never once played that Ba Cisse HBA formation once after 11/12. Classic Pardew, so egotistical that he thinks his failure is above success.

I wonder what happened with Cisse like, because like you say the goals he was scoring were all great finishes. It'd be pretty unlikely to hit a patch of luck like that.

He came back after that summer and it was all gone. Not just his finishing, he'd gone from being quite strong to being incredibly weak, slow, awful first touch. Was like a different player in all the wrong ways.

Don't forget that Pardew took him out of the position he was in that brought him the purple patch. We'll never know whether he'd have been the same player, but we never once played that Ba Cisse HBA formation once after 11/12. Classic Pardew, so egotistical that he thinks his failure is above success.

Pards ended up trying to play him as a target man too. People around me at the games back then kept having a pop at him not scoring/shooting any more. Completely ignoring the fact that most of the time he was receiving the ball in the centre circle with his back to goal and nobody making runs.

Newcastle United boss Rafa Benitez will opt against taking his players on a winter break next week.

The Magpies were knocked out of the FA Cup at Chelsea last month and don’t have a game next weekend, but Benitez has prepared a training schedule and his squad have been told not to expect warm weather sessions like in Premier League seasons gone by.

The packed fixture list in the Sky Bet Championship meant there was no time for Benitez’s team to jet out to sunnier climes anyway last season.

However, unlike previous bosses Alan Pardew and Steve McClaren, Benitez does not see the need to head out to some of the exotic locations of years gone by.

Was there a minute silence for Vic Keeble?

He's part of the tributes on Sunday. :thup:

Yes, there was a minutes applause before the players came out for multiple reasons, little Frankie Sherwood, Vic Keeble and a couple of others.  Well observed by those in the ground!

I don't even get what the means. He kicked him in the fucking face, what does the bounce have to do with anything?

Because it was a Man U player kicking a NUFC player. Do you really think he'd have said the same thing if the roles were reversed?

Was it not Steve Bower who used to work for MUTV? Explains everything if it was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bower

GnFuC8T.png

red cards arent even a thing

MOTD commentator said that Valencia was unlucky because of the bounce :lol:

The reason it was a yellow apparently was because it was the side of the boot not the studs and Valencia was already in position rather than charging in out of control.

Appreciate that he has a story to tell, and no doubt parts will be good reads, but don't get why he's name dropping Frank Lampard in the article.

Maybe there is more to tell in his book, but just comes across a cheap dig at a high profile name to shamelessly generate interest. In no context at all in terms of the Bowyer thing, suddenly it's 'OI LOOK... Frank Lampard has something to hide!!!'  :idiot2:

Dyer and Lampard never really had a history did they?

Watching it live it is kinda maddening the inconsistency of the high boot rule, remember when some pundits were practically calling for Shelvey's head for a similar tackle. Thing is I understand it is dangerous and needs to be discouraged, but I don't think there was any malice in Valencia's tackle. Studs straight into someones head should always be a red fair enough but yellow was fine for that I thought, unless we do want to start red carding ever kicking high up completely.

Appreciate that he has a story to tell, and no doubt parts will be good reads, but don't get why he's name dropping Frank Lampard in the article.

Maybe there is more to tell in his book, but just comes across a cheap dig at a high profile name to shamelessly generate interest. In no context at all in terms of the Bowyer thing, suddenly it's 'OI LOOK... Frank Lampard has something to hide!!!'  :idiot2:

Literally bucked a lass together whilst on holiday.

Literally bucked a lass together whilst on holiday.

Ahh, so they did! Little before my time that.

Bet this will all become a story now then, with retrospective outrage occuring from all and sundry. Can imagine Lamps and Ferdinand are right chuffed with Dyer bringing this up