General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

If it's in terms of who on there day is the best player then Ben Arfa wins easily, if it's in terms of who was the most important player for us over the last 10 years, then I'd probably go Nolan tbh.

If it's in terms of who on there day is the best player then Ben Arfa wins easily, if it's in terms of who was the most important player for us over the last 10 years, then I'd probably go Nolan tbh.

He was a very good poacher but a poor midfielder, there's a reason he never played at a high level or got a look in for England.

Ba would definitely be in my top 3.

He was a very good poacher but a poor midfielder, there's a reason he never played at a high level or got a look in for England.

Ba would definitely be in my top 3.

Oh no doubt, in terms of technical ability he should be dead last in that list, but in terms of what he meant to the dressing room and a team, having the desire to help us promoted etc, he's was a bit like Lascelles is now, so in terms of importance, he'd be top for me.

Barton on Tiote

“I’d never met him before and I’m thinking ‘Who is this lunatic we’ve brought in? He’s going in full bore in training, smashing everyone’. But when you got to know Cheick that was just how he was and off-the-pitch he was a lovable guy. A great teammate.

:lol: :smitten: Tiote, man

Still hasn't really sunk in for me yet that Tiote is no longer with us

Anyone read “the mixer” chapter 3 is about us under Keegan and it’s Hilarious Keenan’s thought process for signing Batty was he could make him a centre half so he could play another attacking midfielder!

Gotta love KK, I hope those times return someday (sorry if this is giggs)

I thought Millwall away might be a bit problematic for Spurs (straw-clutching I know and of course, assuming they win tonight!) so I’m certain our match at Wembley will now be a Wednesday night rather than a Friday night. It’s hard to predict looking at their fixtures with their Champions League campaign – pisser!

I thought Millwall away might be a bit problematic for Spurs (straw-clutching I know and of course, assuming they win tonight!) so I’m certain our match at Wembley will now be a Wednesday night rather than a Friday night. It’s hard to predict looking at their fixtures with their Champions League campaign – pisser!

Yep, if they beat Juve, the first two weeks of April are taken, then if they were to get through to the semis, the last week of April and the first week of May are taken. Before even looking at when any potential cup replays would be. Unless they get beat off Juve it looks like it's probably going to be arranged at fairly short notice.

Yep, if they beat Juve, the first two weeks of April are taken, then if they were to get through to the semis, the last week of April and the first week of May are taken. Before even looking at when any potential cup replays would be. Unless they get beat off Juve it looks like it's probably going to be arranged at fairly short notice.

Yep - the one trip everyone was looking forward too as well! Typical!

The Shola thread has some stuff about having a go at local lads etc. Made me think, I wonder what our best side would like if only local players were selected. A kind of Yorkshire cricket flashback.

If we said living memory/for me about 35 years! then you'd probably have to have the following slotted into some kind of formation:

Beardsley, Waddle, Gascoigne, Shearer, Watson, Clark (L), Elliot, Howey, Venison, Thomson, Amoebi (Sh), Wharton, Taylor (S), Dummett, Carroll, Carr (K). Others which spring to mind: Colback, Bridges, Amoebi (Sa). Must be missing some.