General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

6 hours ago, wormy said:

Remember a little catalogue that would come by post from time to time for the club shop, full of NUFC-branded tat. Would ask my mum at least once a year if I could deck my whole bedroom in the stuff. Curtains, wallpaper, bedding, lamp shade, the lot. If I was lucky I could get a pencil case.

Bring those days back. It'll only have taken me 30-something years but I will have my NUFC bedroom.

I liked some of the 1892 range early 2000s. 

I was having a debate with a mate tnite and we had polar opposite opinion on it so curious what others think.

If it came out that Man U somehow cheated when we had the 12 point lead and ended up finishing 2nd, and so we got promoted to 1st place now, would you celebrate it?

Is it true Silverstone said that the averages was 33% success rate in the ballots? And that they've tried purchasing from resellers and the tickets don't exist?

I'm sure people on this forum have bought from resellers ffs. Talking absolute rubbish on both counts.

15 hours ago, mondonewc said:

I was having a debate with a mate tnite and we had polar opposite opinion on it so curious what others think.

If it came out that Man U somehow cheated when we had the 12 point lead and ended up finishing 2nd, and so we got promoted to 1st place now, would you celebrate it?

No

24 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Is it true Silverstone said that the averages was 33% success rate in the ballots? And that they've tried purchasing from resellers and the tickets don't exist?

I'm sure people on this forum have bought from resellers ffs. Talking absolute rubbish on both counts.

All on the previous page, as for purchasing tickets they obviously didnt buy every single one so not all are fake.....

It was something like

"we have attempted to buy tickets from these websites, and a lot of the time there was/is no ticket, they are just speculating on being able to supply them"

Not sure why they would come out with this if it was "rubbish" especially when the questions were screened and prepared ahead of the event 

?‍♂️

Edited by patrone

2 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

It's definitely bollocks, I've used livefootballtickets numerous times and they're legit, and they don't list tickets they don't have as previously they had very few, sometimes none for Newcastle home games, they have 157 tickets available for tmoro. 

Quite surprisingly the cheapest ticket on there including fees for tomorrow is £65, thought it would be significantly more (Just a disclaimer for anyone getting excited I have absolutely nothing to do with the site lol)

Edited by mondonewc

17 hours ago, mondonewc said:

Probably mourn it. Doubt it would succeed but morally we'd be entitled to a monster legal action when you think how different history likely would've been e.g. I genuinely don't think we'd have hired Souness to "finally get that trophy over the line". Painful.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Probably mourn it. Doubt it would succeed but morally we'd be entitled to a monster legal action when you think how different history likely would've been e.g. I genuinely don't think we'd have hired Souness to "finally get that trophy over the line". Painful.

Haha yeah, I was on the side of definitely wouldn't be celebrating it. 

17 hours ago, mondonewc said:

No. I go down the Tour de France when Armstrong won and Italy when Juve won. No new champion, just "No winner".

15 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

It's definitely bollocks, I've used livefootballtickets numerous times and they're legit, and they don't list tickets they don't have as previously they had very few, sometimes none for Newcastle home games, they have 157 tickets available for tmoro. 

Quite surprisingly the cheapest ticket on there including fees for tomorrow is £65, thought it would be significantly more (Just a disclaimer for anyone getting excited I have absolutely nothing to do with the site lol)

What would they get out of lying? why would they even post that question if they were going to lie and make up "bollocks" at the event?

There plenty of people (not just NUFC fans) that have attempted to buy tickets online only to find they didn't actually have them to sell, or they were resold more than once.

He also went on to say that other clubs are having this same issue with reselling and the EPL are also trying to clamp down on these websites.

18 minutes ago, patrone said:

What would they get out of lying? why would they even post that question if they were going to lie and make up "bollocks" at the event?

There plenty of people (not just NUFC fans) that have attempted to buy tickets online only to find they didn't actually have them to sell, or they were resold more than once.

He also went on to say that other clubs are having this same issue with reselling and the EPL are also trying to clamp down on these websites.

More misleading than lying, I think they, like the vast majority of the rest of the clubs/events organisers, couldn't give two fucks where the tickets end up, and there's very clear evidence to suggest that's the case. 

48 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Any good NUFC related books or merch been released recently my dad might like for Christmas? Has been watching since the 60 so anything to do with that time period or later probably 

There are them big books with newspaper extracts in them, always make nice gifts.

https://www.historic-newspapers.co.uk/gifts/sports-books/personalised-football-books/newcastle-football-book/

There was that book of images from a fans perspective from last season called The Entertained.

https://www.floodlightson.com/photobook/p/the-entertained

Backpage is probably the best shout for everything Newcastle, especially from days gone.

Edited by NE27

52 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Any good NUFC related books or merch been released recently my dad might like for Christmas? Has been watching since the 60 so anything to do with that time period or later probably 

Not a new release but Supermac's book is a good read