General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

37 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

We're struggling this time. Hopefully after the break with Isak/Wilson/Miley back we can kick on.

Wouldn't bank on Wilson coming back after the break. Next setback is just around the corner.

4 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Wouldn't bank on Wilson coming back after the break. Next setback is just around the corner.

Christmas break maybe. 

1 hour ago, Paully said:

Isak, Botman and Wilson were all on the training ground today - no idea to what extent of training mind but they were on the field! 

At this point in the evening I want to see a photo of those three on the training pitch and, if you zoom in, you can see a kid on the other side of the mesh fence. Bright pink top on, can of cat food in one hand and a share bag of minstrels in the other. Carrier bag at his feet.

or I don't believe it

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

No idea why they're not released at a set time, every time. Its like they enjoy taking the piss. :lol:

Obviously they tried having a specific date they were gonna release them for the past couple of seasons, but then they just constantly missed it, so it was a waste of time.

They would probably say they are reliant on other external bodies (mainly police I presume) and that often causes the delay.

So now they’ve said a ‘minimum’ of six weeks before, which they presumably thought would give them enough time, alas….

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

It's shit but it could be worse. The last two Italian footy trips I've done it has been like 8-9 days beforehand when they've finally announced the kick off days and times. :lol:

What are train, hotel etc costs like in Italia? I imagine they're hardly like the galling shite here.

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

What are train, hotel etc costs like in Italia? I imagine they're hardly like the galling shite here.

Trains are very affordable and very reliable, in the North at least anyway. I have done four games in 48 hours a few times now.

Hotels are same as here I'd say tbh, maybe marginally less off season. But you can box clever a bit easier than here I think by booking outside of touristy areas and then relying on public transport.

13 minutes ago, Disco said:

Spain is the same. Absolute lottery as to when it’s going to be played.

In Italy they'll do them in big batches so as long as you're going at the end of one of those batches you get certainty in advance. They just leave it very late to announce those batches as they'll often wait for things like European draws before doing them. I just keep picking the wrong weekends basically (although thankfully they've worked out exactly how I wanted them to in the end). You do also get a bit of a sixth sense for it as I know which games won't be evening slots, which games won't be on a Friday if there's Europe etc.

Edited by ponsaelius

44 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Trains are great in Italy when I went a few months ago, although I had delays they are so much cheaper than UK (but literally every other country is) and that was booking on the day.

Hotels were reasonable for me but I went mid summer which isn't actually peak season.

Basically as @ponsaelius says.

Edited by El Prontonise

On 13/10/2024 at 11:01, PauloGeordio said:

No good apologising 19 years on. He was total and utter garbage for us. :lol: Although I think everyone at school at the time was convinced we had signed the worlds greatest player after watching the first ever compilation of a player that I could remember. 

Was some grainy and blurry footage of him for Deportivo scoring worldie after worldie. Long rangers, chips and overhead kicks. 

4 hours ago, Fak said:

No good apologising 19 years on. He was total and utter garbage for us. :lol: Although I think everyone at school at the time was convinced we had signed the worlds greatest player after watching the first ever compilation of a player that I could remember. 

Was some grainy and blurry footage of him for Deportivo scoring worldie after worldie. Long rangers, chips and overhead kicks. 

In his defence he suffered on his first start what those on the club’s medical staff claimed was the worst hamstring injury they’d seen. Was never the same player.

22 minutes ago, LFEE said:

In his defence he suffered on his first start what those on the club’s medical staff claimed was the worst hamstring injury they’d seen. Was never the same player.

He looked pretty decent against Manu on his debut as well.

the injury definitely took away any chance of him being a success here.

9 hours ago, Paully said:

Loved this goal! 

Was taught the valuable lesson of staying until the end that day after wanting to leave like others in a bit of a strop. Only relented for that Man United 6-2 game (and missed our second goal, which just goes to show again)