General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

11 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

What was Ramage’s role? Maybe we’re about to get someone more experienced to do whatever he did, and this was just to save having to make him redundant or something.

Think he was assistant manager for one of the youth sides. 

Edit: or assistant to the youth side manager. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

Train of thought had me comparing our current position to Man U in the early 80s. Historic club looking to get back to the big time.

It took them 13 yrs [approx] to win the title. I think we have an advantage in that we have our Fergie, without going through the Atkinson period. 

We could go out and buy the most expensive players on the market [Gary Birtles anyone?] and end up with nowt, or we can buy the players that Howe wants and can develop into the most expensive players on the market.

Evidently the first method might win us a domestic cup, or two. But long term the latter method is more likely to shorten the long term.

5 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

Got a glossy leaflet through the door the other day from NUFC.

It was asking if we wanted to be a host family for an academy player. Training, support, financial help available for host families.

I guess they are targeting houses within striking distance of the academy.

Yeah i got one of those last week.

If I didn't have a hoose full of bairns I'd do it tbh

On 18/06/2022 at 14:01, Coffee_Johnny said:

I think there is much more similarity with the other Manchester take over. Let’s hope there is a similar amount of ambition and backing. 

I see what you're saying but we don't have the financial freedom that City had. We're much more like Utd in the 80s in that respect. 

Our all time XIs are always so PL biased. I know that many or anyone never saw the likes of Gallacher, McCraken, Veitch or Hudspeth but that they never get mentioned is testament to a real lack of knowledge a lot of our fanbase have with our history pre-Keegan. Especially pre-Harvey (as manager). But wor fatha reckons Craig should be in over Barton and would have Macdonald over Milburn though that will be due to inherent bias due to Macdonald being his first hero.