General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

19 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Heard I’m going to just miss you in Chicago man! Bummed! :( 

Ah really!?… that’s a shame 😕 You’ll have to come to one of the games instead 🙂

What the hells going on with the box office lately? I have tried phoning up 3 times this week to pay the balance off my season ticket both other times I have been over 100th in the queue, I was 50th when I joined the queue today and 2hrs and 10 mins later I’m only down to fucking 7th in the queue, are these fuckers on a constant break 

This is an odd request but I don’t suppose anybody has this pack of Corinthian figures they’d be interested in selling on? Not fussed about it being boxed or anything. Got the boy hooked on them and “we” are trying to complete a collection.

IMG_7479.webp

3 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Anyone attend this away ticket workshop that’s causing a bit of angst on Twitter? Can’t see any discussion on it here.

Have a look in the Season Ticket thread in the Tickets and Travel section.

I’ve posted my summary of it. Hopefully it’s a bit more balanced than what’s on Twitter… 😬

Such a class act. Lucky enough to watch the Falcons quite a bit when he was involved, always remember his beaming face around the players. Just a legendary guy. 

Ahead of his time in many ways, bet his style would have gone down amazingly well with players now. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

It's an amazing video, that. Proof of what an impression Newcastle made on the great man before he became the most important person in the club's history. Love how seriously he takes that ultimately meaningless task. The guy is Newcastle. 

“Newcastle have also applied to the council for planning permission to install a larger gym. Entertainingly, new signing Sandro Tonali noted in Italian that the gym at AC Milan was bigger while being shown the facilities”.

From the Athletic this morning, albeit, can’t see anything in the planning portal.

EDIT: https://idoxpublicaccess.northtyneside.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=RSNC0QBHMAX00

Edited by GeordieT

1 hour ago, GeordieT said:

“Newcastle have also applied to the council for planning permission to install a larger gym. Entertainingly, new signing Sandro Tonali noted in Italian that the gym at AC Milan was bigger while being shown the facilities”.

From the Athletic this morning, albeit, can’t see anything in the planning portal.

EDIT: https://idoxpublicaccess.northtyneside.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=RSNC0QBHMAX00

here you go

https://archive.ph/Ih7WP

We were 90 minutes away from winning a trophy only a few months ago. :lol: 

You can only win a trophy if you become an established also-ran in the CL is just hairbrained football maths. There's no actual logic there. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We were 90 minutes away from winning a trophy only a few months ago. :lol: 

You can only win a trophy if you become an established also-ran in the CL is just hairbrained football maths. There's no actual logic there. 

Think it's more a question of 

a) What's the most effective route to becoming a team that wins trophies and

b) What will represent the most significant outcome in terms of the speed of progression of the club

A bit like the debate between winning the league cup or CL football last season. 

I'm generally just resistant to the notion of prioritising CL qualification over everything else, and the insinuation that being in that competition is football nirvana. I understand the financial benefits of regularly competing in it but I'd argue that the prestige of winning the FA Cup, for instance, would have a similar impact on our growth. (Before the PL get their hands on it, of course)

On 14/07/2023 at 12:25, Paully said:

Damn that made me emotional. We are rightly hyper-critical of our terrible football songs these days, but "You're just a shit Coloccini" has to be up there with the best.