General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

8 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Last Newcastle player to score at a world cup?

(Actually no, Mitro did, but between his Fulham loan and signing for Fulham. So in spirit, yes I'd say)

Think Sissoko bagged in 2014 WC

14 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't remember him having a stinker before that goal like. 

Think he hadnt scored in a few weeks and missed a pen against someone but yeah dont think he was having a bad game in that match. Aklthought the state of the lineup he wouldnt be the only one i bet

36 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Bit poor the club haven’t put a Tweet out to say happy birthday to their best ever player…

Isn't his reputation tarnished by monkey jokes? 

Great player, no comedian. 

Think I've asked this before, but has anyone on here got any full matches on video or anything from the Keegan era? I've got every video you can think of and been on all the YouTube videos, but would love to just watch certain matches again. 

The holy grail would be Sheff Wed away, the first time I saw Ginola on Sky and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Think I've asked this before, but has anyone on here got any full matches on video or anything from the Keegan era? I've got every video you can think of and been on all the YouTube videos, but would love to just watch certain matches again. 

The holy grail would be Sheff Wed away, the first time I saw Ginola on Sky and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I know this doesn’t help, but I had all of them taped from 93/94 through to 98/99.  They’ll likely be in a dump somewhere in Northumberland at the moment - wish I’d kept them and transferred them to digital 

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I know this doesn’t help, but I had all of them taped from 93/94 through to 98/99.  They’ll likely be in a dump somewhere in Northumberland at the moment - wish I’d kept them and transferred them to digital 

image.png.b7e95aa8bf91af423f1b96919968a305.png

16 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Got a few full matches I found on YouTube that I've saved in a Google doc, mainly for when I make match threads. Only a handful as I use highlights mainly.

1993-94 

Spoiler

Wimbledon (h)

QPR (a)

Oldham (h)

Arsenal (h)

1995-96 

Spoiler

Wimbledon (h)

Wimbledon (a)

Man Utd (a)

Chelsea (a) (FA Cup)

Coventry (a)

West Ham (h)

None from 1994-95 or 1996-97 outside of highlights. Your best bet is probably Footballia, they have a few I think.

Not sure where else to put this, but is NUFC.com covered in adverts now for anybody else? Looks like the bloody Chronicle website for me now, trying to decide if something isn't working like it used to in terms of adblocking or whether they've just had to take on adverts to cover costs.

14 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

Not sure where else to put this, but is NUFC.com covered in adverts now for anybody else? Looks like the bloody Chronicle website for me now, trying to decide if something isn't working like it used to in terms of adblocking or whether they've just had to take on adverts to cover costs.

Nah, just the same as normal. Plenty of adverts down the side, but just as there’s always been?

On 20/01/2024 at 15:13, HaydnNUFC said:

Got a few full matches I found on YouTube that I've saved in a Google doc, mainly for when I make match threads. Only a handful as I use highlights mainly.

1993-94 

Reveal hidden contents

Wimbledon (h)

QPR (a)

Oldham (h)

Arsenal (h)

1995-96 

Reveal hidden contents

Wimbledon (h)

Wimbledon (a)

Man Utd (a)

Chelsea (a) (FA Cup)

Coventry (a)

West Ham (h)

None from 1994-95 or 1996-97 outside of highlights. Your best bet is probably Footballia, they have a few I think.

Missed this sorry. That's great, cheers! I've got all the FionaNUFC ones, they're class 

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Always maintain this guy would’ve won us the league as a better fit but we ended up missing out and getting Tino instead. Still not sure i would’ve changed anything mind 😆

https://x.com/80s90sfootball/status/1748965441060421748?s=46&t=DDNXUN2PoOBhgKmoF77zNw

Honestly, I don’t think he would have added much more than Asprilla - Boksic was never prolific.

8 hours ago, Ashley17 said:

Yep, ones down the bottom of the page now and on the left hand side.