General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

On 21/01/2024 at 20:56, Nucasol said:

Twilight of his career and still did us.

Rewatched it. Such luminaries on our line up - Colonel Clarence, Wolfman Cordone, Wayne Quinn, Cort, Caldwell, Bassedas on the bench. Amazing that next season we got in the Champions League.

12 minutes ago, Paully said:

Chelsea away 8pm on a Monday -these are taking the piss!

Wankas I can't go now - not ebough holiday and Mondays too busy unless I organise a client / supplier meeting in the smoke and get graft to pay for train and hotel :)

Some of our away ‘weekend’ matches this season - joke! 

Man City  - 8pm Saturday 
Brighton - 5.30pm Saturday 
Wolves - 5.30pm Saturday 
Bournemouth - 5.30pm Saturday  
Liverpool - 8pm Monday 
Fulham - 7pm Saturday

Forest - 5.30pm - Saturday 
Arsenal - 8pm Saturday 
Chelsea - 8pm Monday

Edited by Paully

1 minute ago, Paully said:

Man City  - 8pm Saturday 
Wolves - 5.30pm Saturday 
Liverpool - 8pm Monday 
Arsenal - 8pm Saturday 
Chelsea - 8pm Monday

Aye, needs to be investigated 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Aye, needs to be investigated 

The only way things change is if the clubs insist of having more of a say in ko times when the new TV deal comes around.

And if they want to do that they’ll have to accept less money from the broadcasters.

I won’t hold my breath…

16 minutes ago, Paully said:

Man City  - 8pm Saturday 
Wolves - 5.30pm Saturday 
Liverpool - 8pm Monday 
Arsenal - 8pm Saturday 
Chelsea - 8pm Monday

we’re massive 

For me, who lives in another country, this is only positive. Matches in the evening after the kids are put to bed are a bonus.

Of course, I understand that this complicates the journey for those of you who go to away matches.

2 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

For me, who lives in another country, this is only positive. Matches in the evening after the kids are put to bed are a bonus.

Of course, I understand that this complicates the journey for those of you who go to away matches.

It’s not just the impact on match going fans in terms of cost, inconvenience etc. it’s not good for the players either. Less recovery time and rest most likely.

I like evening games because I love watching sport when I don’t have any admin / work / life stuff on but we’re the ones getting screwed by this and our players 

10 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

Living overseas, it makes my life more convenient too, but I’m not the one who should be prioritised - it’s those who actually go who should.  Stupid KO times - along with a shite rail system - means that for many, those away games become a dystopian nightmare of a long bus ride home after the game, or an overnight stay in a hotel (and two days off work for midweek games).  That and the TV companies moving KO times and dates at the drop of a hat means you can’t book trains cheaper several months before.  There is no excuse for it - TV should always have been made to work around the game, not the other way round.  It was always proof that football gives more of a shit about money than those who actually attend matches.  

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Actually just had a look and think this day 5th February  in history may be the most NUFC day ever:

• 1972 - Lose to Hereford in the FA Cup
  • 1992 - Kevin Keegan announced as manager
  • 2011 - Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal

44 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Remember when Cisse was warming up as a sub he didn't know where to do it and started doing it behind the goal :lol:

Then he came on and did that

The start of a three month period where the combined quantity and quality of goals were the best of any Newcastle player I can remember in an equivalent time period.

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Remember when Cisse was warming up as a sub he didn't know where to do it and started doing it behind the goal :lol:

Sold 3 blocks me lord. Sold 3 blocks.

Can’t sell out me lord…etc and so on. 

On 24/01/2024 at 19:51, Nucasol said:

Rewatched it. Such luminaries on our line up - Colonel Clarence, Wolfman Cordone, Wayne Quinn, Cort, Caldwell, Bassedas on the bench. Amazing that next season we got in the Champions League.

Mick Wadsworth was lethal in south America 

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

He has to be one of my all time favorites. Some of the goals he scored out of no where man. :lol: