General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

1 minute ago, wormy said:

So many Brits though. Looks like we've got cliques forming based on nationality again. Eddie needs to cut this out sharpish.

Expect to see Bruno and Miggy giving it “oi, oi, oi” at the next one, before necking a two-pinter.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Expect to see Bruno and Miggy giving it “oi, oi, oi” at the next one, before necking a two-pinter.

Probably on separate tables though. :undecided:

4 hours ago, Interpolic said:

I got 2 together in the resale for Liverpool. Same for Forest. Every time I've just needed one ticket I've managed it. There are loads available in the few days before the game. Maybe it's just my method but I'm not doing anything v complicated, just hitting refresh for 5 mins a few times a day til I get one. 

I was doing the same. Spent quite a few hours in total for the 72 hours prevous to both the Liverpool and PSG games just constantly pressing F5 but other than some 14-17 year old tickets in Level 7, nowt.

Got 1 for Man Utd in resale in the Gallowgate corner after a few days of trying. Finally managed to get one at 4pm on the day of the game, quickly got myself ready to head over to the Five Swans then realised my phone only had 22% battery so had to wait around till it was sufficiently charged before I could leave the house.

Well this is worrying….

As a completely irrelevant aside - this is the first time I’ve ever been able to embed a tweet from my phone. Only ever appeared as the link before. 

Edited by SteV

45 minutes ago, SteV said:

Well this is worrying….

Was reading this earlier on twitter. Apparently he's not the only one. Appears that his ticket was a dud so the stewards manually scanned him (and others) in but this hasn't registered with NUFC. He can prove he attended the match as he bought a pint inside the ground so he has a bank statement to prove it but seemingly that's not enough.

Just another absolute farcical ticketing situation the club has created this season. I'm so glad I no longer bother with aways as I genuinely couldn't be arsed with the hassle.

Edited by Wallsendmag

20 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Was reading this earlier on twitter. Apparently he's not the only one. Appears that his ticket was a dud so the stewards manually scanned him (and others) in but this hasn't registered with NUFC. He can prove he attended the match as he bought a pint inside the ground so he has a bank statement to prove it but seemingly that's not enough.

Just another absolute farcical ticketing situation the club has created this season. I'm so glad I no longer bother with aways as I genuinely couldn't be arsed with the hassle.

Tbf, it’s only a very small minority that flagged up, so you’re pretty unlucky if it happens to you.

Nevertheless, it really doesn’t need to be like this for anyone. As I’ve said before, I don’t necessarily disagree with the principle behind what they’re trying to do, but the implementation is all wrong. There has to be a better way of doing things (well, there IS better ways, as demonstrated by most other PL teams).

Was just coming in to post this. What an absolute shambles. 

I know you’ll never please everyone and there are cons with different systems and ballots etc. But they’ve royally fucked the ticketing policy this season. 

2 hours ago, SteV said:

Tbf, it’s only a very small minority that flagged up, so you’re pretty unlucky if it happens to you.

Nevertheless, it really doesn’t need to be like this for anyone. As I’ve said before, I don’t necessarily disagree with the principle behind what they’re trying to do, but the implementation is all wrong. There has to be a better way of doing things (well, there IS better ways, as demonstrated by most other PL teams).

Even 1 person is too many, let alone a minority. Sad thing is the club don't seem to be listening and are ploughing on with it regardless. More and more people coming to the conclusion that these ticketing workshops are purely lip service and their plans are already pre decided beforehand.

Everyone at the away ticket workshop was seemingly on the same page that these checks, or at least the way that they're done, is utterly fucking lifting. That was months ago.

2 and a half years in and am still yet to see the cruciality of fan engagement that they claim(ed). 

21 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Even 1 person is too many, let alone a minority. Sad thing is the club don't seem to be listening and are ploughing on with it regardless. More and more people coming to the conclusion that these ticketing workshops are purely lip service and their plans are already pre decided beforehand.

If it continues into next season unabated/unchanged, everyone will have come to that conclusion.

I wonder who is making the big decisions regarding this stuff at NUFC. I'm sure Staveley is not remotely close to it but she seems massively keen on feel-good PR being utilised wherever possible.

Doubt her or the other higher-ups would be happy about the constant bad press there is around ticketing. Some of this goes way beyond high demand meaning they can't keep everyone happy. 

16 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Who is even in favour of these ID checks?

Well in favour of the principle of it, would be people on low points, as it’s drastically reduced the amount of points required to get to an away game, thus allowing them to go.

Not sure many would be in favour of the way it’s actually being implemented though.

2 hours ago, Interpolic said:

I wonder who is making the big decisions regarding this stuff at NUFC. I'm sure Staveley is not remotely close to it but she seems massively keen on feel-good PR being utilised wherever possible.

Doubt her or the other higher-ups would be happy about the constant bad press there is around ticketing. Some of this goes way beyond high demand meaning they can't keep everyone happy. 

Silverstone is responsible for the box office I believe.

Personally feel it's an agenda to move towards alienating the locals in their drive for more global appeal. The less locals getting tickets, the more for corporates and those further afield willing to buy all the gear and spend more per head.

The club are restructuring the business teams this summer to a much better fit for a modern club imo so I think we'll see much more progress next season (not immediately, it'll take time through the campaign & beyond). You need the right people in place with enough time to commit to doing something with the feedback. I don't think that's set up for success right now.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon