General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

1 minute ago, Disco said:

The fuck is the matter with people? Morons.

Miserable bastards all round. We’ve forgotten how to treat people properly 

15 hours ago, Armchair Pundit said:

So, what's the general consensus on this?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13188487/Premier-League-clubs-shot-EFL-deal.html

(Couldn't see the article anywhere else)

West Ham, Aston Villa, Wolves, Nottingham Forest, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth voting for it.  Arrogant twats - and worth remembering that all of them were playing football below the PL relatively recently. 

I thought this fitted best here. Comparison of all our Premier League/Premiership managers performance. League games only and at least one whole season's worth of games in charge. Ranked best to worst in terms of points per game (PPG).

image.thumb.png.dded24dca1477d7b1ce525993bab7e20.png

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

West Ham, Aston Villa, Wolves, Nottingham Forest, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth voting for it.  Arrogant twats - and worth remembering that all of them were playing football below the PL relatively recently. 

I hadn't really thought about this until recently, but it's a very odd fact of the one club, one vote PL structure (compared to similar setups in, say, the NFL) that the 20 voting members change on an annual basis and can change drastically in a 5-10 year period. 

Five years ago Watford, Leicester, Southampton, Cardiff, and Huddersfield were voting on things. Villa, Forest, Brentford, Sheffield United, and Luton (League One) had no say. 

Ten years ago Swansea, Hull, Sunderland, Norwich, Stoke, and West Brom had a say. 

There's no question this is a factor in consolidating power among those who are involved in every meeting and every decision on an annual basis. 

22 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I thought this fitted best here. Comparison of all our Premier League/Premiership managers performance. League games only and at least one whole season's worth of games in charge. Ranked best to worst in terms of points per game (PPG).

image.thumb.png.dded24dca1477d7b1ce525993bab7e20.png

Congrats, @Alan Pardew  

Above Rafa. Thanks for the memories. 

On 14/03/2024 at 12:38, Miggys First Goal said:

Congrats, @Alan Pardew  

Above Rafa. Thanks for the memories. 

Yes lads!!! You are most welcome. 5-1 against Stoke. 3-0 against Man U. 2-0 against Chelsea more than once! Thinking about the solid wins against Palace and Norwich too. What a great time, with some exciting players in the squad we had. And please lads don’t compare me with Benitez. He came through for you lot and kept you in the Prem with a much weaker squad after your relegation caused by the balding fool McLaren. I was sad to read he just got sacked in Spain. 

going for a big lunch today lads. See ya later. 

Newcastle to play friendly against Spurs in Australia in week leading to FA Cup final following exit to Manchester City yesterday.

show me the money!

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

When people put in tweets that don’t embed, can we lobby for a basic one sentence summary? Anyone who doesn’t, gets a blue card?

sorry, for some reason it doesn't embed for me. I will be better X

22 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Newcastle to play friendly against Spurs in Australia in week leading to FA Cup final following exit to Manchester City yesterday.

show me the money!

Struggle with fatigue all season and play a friendly at the end of it.

In fairness, it will 100% be the fringe players getting a run out. Even Lewis Hall might.... na actually scratch that. :lol: