General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Why on earth do they want to show Everton v Newcastle?? If we were deep, deep in the shit or if Everton were pushing Europe, great, but there must be other fixtures that matchday with more riding on it man.

Must be banking on us falling into the shit by then

Is it me or do we seem to get fucked over more than most when it comes to fixtures?

Seems to be that way. Brentford & Brighton away last season. This season, Brighton and Southampton away both moved to Sunday 4pm kick offs, 12(?) of our 19 away games so far moved for TV. Now this.

Really do hope there's a reimbursement for fans who have already booked trains/flights/hotels from either the PL, broadcasters or the club. Wouldn't hold my breath though, given the former two are greedy, vile pricks and the club are tight over Jet2 flights to Spain.

Ridiculous!

Huddersfield – Sunday 1.30pm

Swansea – Sunday 4pm

Brighton – Sunday 4pm

Southampton – Sunday 4pm

Burnley – Monday 8pm

Man Utd – Saturday 5.30pm

Chelsea – Saturday 1.30pm

Man City – Saturday 5.30pm

Chelsea (FA Cup) – Sunday 1.30pm

Crystal Palace – Sunday 2.15pm

Liverpool – Saturday 5.30pm

Everton – Monday 8pm

Is it me or do we seem to get fucked over more than most when it comes to fixtures?

Probably just seems that way cause we all follow our fixtures only. Stoke going to Brighton being moved to a Monday springs to mind

Probably just seems that way cause we all follow our fixtures only. Stoke going to Brighton being moved to a Monday springs to mind

That's only a three and half hour drive though. Similar to us going to Stoke or Leicester. Where we've been really disadvantaged this year (as away fans) is that the there's literally no 'close' matches, think Burnley's the closest. Also Sky/BT have shown a disproportionate amount of our away matches compared to our home matches. 6 home and 11 away I think it is with the last couple of matches still to be decided.

Guest Howaythetoon

Watching that and I’ve seen it before, we would have went bust and maybe ceased to exist outside of a Phoenix club had it not been for Sir John Hall and the Magpie Group.

Thanks for adding this summerof69.

Yes for all his faults, and he had a few, the SJH takeover bid and the Magpie group really did 'save the club'.

Fascinating watch again, haven't seen it for many a year. God the atmosphere around the club, matchdays and the city back then was really intense. The memories are flooding back of the anger, the disenfranchisement and the sheer frustration and worry.

Parallels of today? NUFC is the drama that keeps on giving.