General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

This is easily the worst top flight Newcastle team I’ve had the misfortune of watching, and with recent two relegations in that time it’s pretty obvious where this one is going. Apart from an ok defence which is ok due to sacrificing anything attacking in hope to bore the opposition to death, weve fuck all to offer the league. We’ve become Sunderland. We are a turd which doesn’t have the luck or fight our neighbours had for several seasons so will flush this season.

Rafa has setup so negative that we can’t attack properly. Defenders look good and attackers look poor, that becomes entrenched as the poor games go on. Our attack has too much to do, too much ground and space to cover, can’t make the right decisions as they aren’t there as the rest of the team are 20 yards too deep. But they get labelled as shite while the defenders praised, its not a coincidence, it’s because that’s the way the manager has us playing.

He’s lost faith in the team, he doesn’t believe in them but he brought most of them in and it’s up to him to make them better players. Defenders again have all improved, attackers have been left on their own, most out of the first team for more defensive minded attackers and the ever decreasing circle of shit football continues. When warnock of Cardiff is doing just as well as you then you can’t just blame the players, you need to look at your own approach to all this and wonder if you need to make changes as well.

Without drastic changes to the manager, players or owner, we’re going down, I think we all know this now, however I’m not sure handing Rafa money this window is going to help, I don’t think he’ll get to bring in the right players now our position has sunk dramatically over December and takeover talk has all but fizzled out. There is no ambition left at the club, when your own manager (who is just seeing out his contract) has gone from no way (to being relegated) to miricale (to survive) in a few months then who will want to join this mess? The players must think it’s nailed on with his comments. Such shit management, but people will still back him for telling the truth. Hope those same people don’t mind being called for their faults at work and still apply themselves 100% day in day out.

So here I am, giving less of a shit as days go by, wonder whether I want this club in the league, or see it burn. Either way I think the catalyst for both scenarios would be Rafa leaving this month ( im saying this as he will never have the players he needs to make a go of it here) as we will have a bigger reaction either way, instead of staying in limbo coasting to relegation and then everyone in hindsight stating how inevitable it all was.

He's taking us down. Abysmal tactics for certain.

But, down is where we need to be.

They are bargain basement Chmpionship players we have playing for us. In 2 of the last 3 games our opponents have been able to bring a player on off the bench who is worth more than  our entire team. We try to go toe to toe with these and we get battered. Tactics are spot on. I'm sure Rafa would like to be more adventurous but, put simply, we just don't have the offensive players in the squad to do that so we sit back and try to get something on the counter when we can. Tbf it's worked quite well away from home.

Guest firetotheworks

Abysmal tactics?  f*** off.

Tactics were spot on last night, just zero quality in the team.

The bloke's a WUM moron.

This is easily the worst top flight Newcastle team I’ve had the misfortune of watching, and with recent two relegations in that time it’s pretty obvious where this one is going. Apart from an ok defence which is ok due to sacrificing anything attacking in hope to bore the opposition to death, weve f*** all to offer the league. We’ve become Sunderland. We are a turd which doesn’t have the luck or fight our neighbours had for several seasons so will flush this season.

Rafa has setup so negative that we can’t attack properly. Defenders look good and attackers look poor, that becomes entrenched as the poor games go on. Our attack has too much to do, too much ground and space to cover, can’t make the right decisions as they aren’t there as the rest of the team are 20 yards too deep. But they get labelled as s**** while the defenders praised, its not a coincidence, it’s because that’s the way the manager has us playing.

He’s lost faith in the team, he doesn’t believe in them but he brought most of them in and it’s up to him to make them better players. Defenders again have all improved, attackers have been left on their own, most out of the first team for more defensive minded attackers and the ever decreasing circle of s*** football continues. When warnock of Cardiff is doing just as well as you then you can’t just blame the players, you need to look at your own approach to all this and wonder if you need to make changes as well.

Without drastic changes to the manager, players or owner, we’re going down, I think we all know this now, however I’m not sure handing Rafa money this window is going to help, I don’t think he’ll get to bring in the right players now our position has sunk dramatically over December and takeover talk has all but fizzled out. There is no ambition left at the club, when your own manager (who is just seeing out his contract) has gone from no way (to being relegated) to miricale (to survive) in a few months then who will want to join this mess? The players must think it’s nailed on with his comments. Such s*** management, but people will still back him for telling the truth. Hope those same people don’t mind being called for their faults at work and still apply themselves 100% day in day out.

So here I am, giving less of a s*** as days go by, wonder whether I want this club in the league, or see it burn. Either way I think the catalyst for both scenarios would be Rafa leaving this month ( im saying this as he will never have the players he needs to make a go of it here) as we will have a bigger reaction either way, instead of staying in limbo coasting to relegation and then everyone in hindsight stating how inevitable it all was.

What a crock of shite. Agree our worst top flight team, mainly because bar one or two we have players that are not good enough for this league.

His players. :lol: 126th choice on the list or bought for the Championship.

He'll keep us up, we'll get just enough points. If it wasn't for Rafa Benitez with this group of players I suspect we wouldn't even be competitive.

The stuff about what the players must think - again complete utter bollocks. Do you think he doesn't talk to them on the training ground and one on one, only through the media? :mackems:

Tactics were spot on last night, we were arguably the better team when they scored.

We held on for 60odd minutes. We were getting nothing from that game. Sit back....catch them on the break. PLAYED 11 Won 2 Drew 1, LOST 8. (abysmal - but feel free to dress it up any way you like)

Tactics were spot on last night, we were arguably the better team when they scored.

We held on for 60odd minutes. We were getting nothing from that game. Sit back....catch them on the break. PLAYED 11 Won 2 Drew 1, LOST 8. (abysmal - but feel free to dress it up any way you like)

There will always be people who will refuse to accept our utter shitness at times. Our home record is nothing short of a fucking disgrace. Not once this season have we ever been a dominant side in a game

Worst home record in over 40 years of supporting us this season

They are bargain basement Chmpionship players we have playing for us. In 2 of the last 3 games our opponents have been able to bring a player on off the bench who is worth more than  our entire team. We try to go toe to toe with these and we get battered. Tactics are spot on. I'm sure Rafa would like to be more adventurous but, put simply, we just don't have the offensive players in the squad to do that so we sit back and try to get something on the counter when we can. Tbf it's worked quite well away from home.

It shows the stupid gulf in class between us and other opponents in the same division. We are left to resort to tactics akin to us being a non league team playing a team 3 divisions above us in a cup game its fucking embarrassing to be honest

Guest Howaythetoon

We have not improved the team any great deal over the team which won the Championship and what we are now seeing is the truth of the matter. We are simply not good enough at this level. Some individuals in isolation are better than Championship standard, but those few players are still poor Premier League players or average PL players. Combined together we are what we are, not much better than we were a league below.

I’m loathe to criticise the team because they have achieved so much in winning promotion and finishing 10th and as far as I’ve witnessed they are all fighting, working hard, trying their best and still battling to stay up and that’s probably all they have to give because there isn’t much else and whatever difference be it individually or collectively they can give, I think they’ve exhausted that over the past few years.

Running on empty comes to mind. We now rely more on Rafa than ever before and if we do stay up, it will be based on his tactics more than anything.

Dojo makes a lot of valid points IMO, the team is entrenched in a defensive set-up and struggle to get out and deviate from that which does effect our ability to create and score goals, but Rafa in his wisdom has rightfully went with that because it’s the most likely route to safety. He hasn’t just went with that because he’s a cautious or negative manager, he’s a pragmatist and realist. We don’t have the attacking quality to be more attacking or creative.

It’s very hard to criticise the manager or team really, the blame lies at the feet of Ashley who has refused to back his manager to improve what is basically a Championship team or a team that is no different today in terms of genuine quality over that team other than in goal and in terms of some defensive depth.

That team was just about good enough to win promotion and massively overachieved last season which was mainly down to Rafa. What we are seeing today is the ugly truth and staying up will be a mini miracle and all down to Rafa if we do stay up.

You cannot achieve anything with a team of this standing and with players of this quality other than just staying up, but eventually without investment on quality players, you will eventually go down and that’s where we are heading, if not this season, the following.

We’ve went down twice now with better players, with a better team. We have a much better manager today, but there is not much more he can do.

Have you not seen the state of our team? It's largely the same side as the Championship season. Who would you replace Rafa with exactly? I'm sure you've been asked that loads of times before and never answered it.

Fact is we'd replace him with some shite in the mould of McClaren and Pardew and you're off your head if you think we wouldn't be rock bottom of the league with that dross.

I feel like i'm at one of my lowest points following the club, maybe only surpassed by the relegations (the second was comforted with Rafa staying)

There is just no hope, having a world class manager in charge only for him to be completely wasted, the thoughts of what he could have achieved with even mediocre backing will linger and linger.

Just f***ing sick, my club is being deliberately held back and gutted from the inside out.

:undecided:

Funny thing is we're in a decent place as in the Premiership, especially when you look at the situation of other fairly big clubs Leeds, Sunderland (big hahaha), Sheffield Wednesday, Aston Villa etc, yet it all feels so bad because of one man.

We're a zombie club to coin a phrase others have used, we exist for nothing other than his pocket, there is nothing for us as fans to celebrate.

Even at this point he could spend money and we could go and win a trophy, and i would still feel upset and angry at him being our owner, there's no freedom or future to look forward to until the pile of shit has gone.

Funny thing is we're in a decent place as in the Premiership, especially when you look at the situation of other fairly big clubs Leeds, Sunderland (big hahaha), Sheffield Wednesday, Aston Villa etc, yet it all feels so bad because of one man.

We're a zombie club to coin a phrase others have used, we exist for nothing other than his pocket, there is nothing for us as fans to celebrate.

Even at this point he could spend money and we could go and win a trophy, and i would still feel upset and angry at him being our owner, there's no freedom or future to look forward to until the pile of shit has gone.

His plans aren’t sustainable, we’ll drop. Won’t be next season perhaps or the 1-2 after but we will with this approach year on year and counting on bouncing back every time is folly.

His plans aren’t sustainable, we’ll drop. Won’t be next season perhaps or the 1-2 after but we will with this approach year on year and counting on bouncing back every time is folly.

Aye, he's been lucky twice with us going straight back up.

This is easily the worst top flight Newcastle team I’ve had the misfortune of watching, and with recent two relegations in that time it’s pretty obvious where this one is going. Apart from an ok defence which is ok due to sacrificing anything attacking in hope to bore the opposition to death, weve fuck all to offer the league. We’ve become Sunderland. We are a turd which doesn’t have the luck or fight our neighbours had for several seasons so will flush this season.

Rafa has setup so negative that we can’t attack properly. Defenders look good and attackers look poor, that becomes entrenched as the poor games go on. Our attack has too much to do, too much ground and space to cover, can’t make the right decisions as they aren’t there as the rest of the team are 20 yards too deep. But they get labelled as shite while the defenders praised, its not a coincidence, it’s because that’s the way the manager has us playing.

He’s lost faith in the team, he doesn’t believe in them but he brought most of them in and it’s up to him to make them better players. Defenders again have all improved, attackers have been left on their own, most out of the first team for more defensive minded attackers and the ever decreasing circle of shit football continues. When warnock of Cardiff is doing just as well as you then you can’t just blame the players, you need to look at your own approach to all this and wonder if you need to make changes as well.

Without drastic changes to the manager, players or owner, we’re going down, I think we all know this now, however I’m not sure handing Rafa money this window is going to help, I don’t think he’ll get to bring in the right players now our position has sunk dramatically over December and takeover talk has all but fizzled out. There is no ambition left at the club, when your own manager (who is just seeing out his contract) has gone from no way (to being relegated) to miricale (to survive) in a few months then who will want to join this mess? The players must think it’s nailed on with his comments. Such shit management, but people will still back him for telling the truth. Hope those same people don’t mind being called for their faults at work and still apply themselves 100% day in day out.

So here I am, giving less of a shit as days go by, wonder whether I want this club in the league, or see it burn. Either way I think the catalyst for both scenarios would be Rafa leaving this month ( im saying this as he will never have the players he needs to make a go of it here) as we will have a bigger reaction either way, instead of staying in limbo coasting to relegation and then everyone in hindsight stating how inevitable it all was.

There will always be people who will refuse to accept our utter shitness at times. Our home record is nothing short of a fucking disgrace. Not once this season have we ever been a dominant side in a game

Worst home record in over 40 years of supporting us this season

200.gif

The only time we look really vulnerable is when we have a corner or throw a few men forward, we get done on the break time and time again and some ppl want us to attack all match, we would get absolutely destroyed 4 and 5s most games.

But let’s blame Rafa for making us competitive and tough to beat, the days of us giving anyone in the top half a good end to end game are long gone. Needs must unfortunately

• 3 weeks later...