General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

For those doing Spurs via train:

Engineering works means no trains from Peterborough to Kings Cross.

You can go Newcastle > Peterborough then Peterborough > Finsbury Park. That way you don’t need to rely on the shitty replacements buses and it’s on the underground line.

Not according to the LNER website.

Where does it say this? Looks like you can buy tickets to London?

Ah I’m not sure then - my mates said there was engineering works from Peterborough I didn’t even check just looked for alternatives on the basis of no LNER.

Ignore me  :razz:

For those doing Spurs via train:

Engineering works means no trains from Peterborough to Kings Cross.

You can go Newcastle > Peterborough then Peterborough > Finsbury Park. That way you don’t need to rely on the shitty replacements buses and it’s on the underground line.

Not according to the LNER website.

Where does it say this? Looks like you can buy tickets to London?

Ah I’m not sure then - my mates said there was engineering works from Peterborough I didn’t even check just looked for alternatives on the basis of no LNER.

Ignore me  :razz:

Think you are both right. Services very limited with the budget tickets mysteriously still not on sale yet for the return leg when they should’ve been weeks ago.

I’m down that weekend for a gig. Might take the game in now that’s early Sunday. Still no idea how I’m getting home either way!

If we can assume that it would be the players at their best form while playing for NUFC, and that it doesn't matter when as long as they have played under Pardew my team would look something like this:

Krul

Debuchy    (Williamson/Taylor/Mbiwa -doesn't matter)  Coloccini      Enrique

Cabaye          Tiote          Barton

Ben Arfa                                      Nolan                                Ba

Carroll

Trying to think of mine - Feel like Ba is his perfect ST. #10 of HBA or. Nolan? Wingers he loved pace and hard working players but HBA right wing.

HBA - Nolan - Moussa

BA

Moussa - HBA - Ba

Cisse

HBA - Moussa - Remy

Ba

If we can assume that it would be the players at their best form while playing for NUFC, and that it doesn't matter when as long as they have played under Pardew my team would look something like this:

Krul

Ben Arfa                                      Nolan                                Ba

Carroll

Such a dominant formation, I'm surprised none  of the top managers have adopted it.

Krul

Carroll

Such a dominant formation, I'm surprised none  of the top managers have adopted it.

Pardew would need an extra player to get a tune out of even that team.

What's the crack with the magpie group then, is it still going?

Kinda feel cancelling the boycott was an own goal, they lost me a bit with that, but at the end of the day, it's still a group of fans trying to get rid of Ashley, and that will always have my support.

What's the crack with the magpie group then, is it still going?

Kinda feel cancelling the boycott was an own goal, they lost me a bit with that, but at the end of the day, it's still a group of fans trying to get rid of Ashley, and that will always have my support.

Exactly, people need to get past agreeing with them or disagreeing about trivial matters such as a cancelled boycott.

It appears a whole lot of having cake and eating it has spouted up.

Our fans need to understand, they don't matter Ashley doesn't give a fuck about them and they are merely customers for his entertainment product Newcastle United.

Guest covmag

Does the club show the reserve games live on the website? Was thinking of the checkatrade game if I bottle the home end  :lol:

Krul

Carroll

Oops. Take out Barton then :lol:

This is easily the worst top flight Newcastle team I’ve had the misfortune of watching, and with recent two relegations in that time it’s pretty obvious where this one is going. Apart from an ok defence which is ok due to sacrificing anything attacking in hope to bore the opposition to death, weve fuck all to offer the league. We’ve become Sunderland. We are a turd which doesn’t have the luck or fight our neighbours had for several seasons so will flush this season.

Rafa has setup so negative that we can’t attack properly. Defenders look good and attackers look poor, that becomes entrenched as the poor games go on. Our attack has too much to do, too much ground and space to cover, can’t make the right decisions as they aren’t there as the rest of the team are 20 yards too deep. But they get labelled as shite while the defenders praised, its not a coincidence, it’s because that’s the way the manager has us playing.

He’s lost faith in the team, he doesn’t believe in them but he brought most of them in and it’s up to him to make them better players. Defenders again have all improved, attackers have been left on their own, most out of the first team for more defensive minded attackers and the ever decreasing circle of shit football continues. When warnock of Cardiff is doing just as well as you then you can’t just blame the players, you need to look at your own approach to all this and wonder if you need to make changes as well.

Without drastic changes to the manager, players or owner, we’re going down, I think we all know this now, however I’m not sure handing Rafa money this window is going to help, I don’t think he’ll get to bring in the right players now our position has sunk dramatically over December and takeover talk has all but fizzled out. There is no ambition left at the club, when your own manager (who is just seeing out his contract) has gone from no way (to being relegated) to miricale (to survive) in a few months then who will want to join this mess? The players must think it’s nailed on with his comments. Such shit management, but people will still back him for telling the truth. Hope those same people don’t mind being called for their faults at work and still apply themselves 100% day in day out.

So here I am, giving less of a shit as days go by, wonder whether I want this club in the league, or see it burn. Either way I think the catalyst for both scenarios would be Rafa leaving this month ( im saying this as he will never have the players he needs to make a go of it here) as we will have a bigger reaction either way, instead of staying in limbo coasting to relegation and then everyone in hindsight stating how inevitable it all was.