General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Never cried at football when an adult.  Last time I cried was 1998 cup final.

I didn't at the time because it was pure euphoria and relief, but now, when I watch David Kelly's goal against Portsmouth, I could easily cry.

Losing to Lisbon in the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup. That was supposed to be our cup, Lisbon even went on to lose the final at their home stadium to CSKA Moscow, the weakest team in the later stages of the competition.

When Liverpool beat us 0-6 at home is mine, I think. Can't fully remember though. Thanks Pards. :lol:

Did it happen twice?

I remember once when we were somehow 0-0 with them until half time, Shay Given pulling off great saves, then folded in the 2nd half.

There was a time with Pardew when I went out for a Pizza with Ste and we just sat in his car eating the pizza counting the goals on the radio not even getting mad.

I had tears in my eyes watching us very recently come to think of it, might have been the first Blackburn cup game. Obviously not so much to do with the match itself, just at the general situation under Ashley. It can be very upsetting at times, the state of us under him.

I had tears in my eyes watching us very recently come to think of it, might have been the first Blackburn cup game. Obviously not so much to do with the match itself, just at the general situation under Ashley. It can be very upsetting at times, the state of us under him.

It was when Man Utd scored the 3rd after we were 2-0 up.

Regarding Ashley I did genuinely cry when news broke Ashley wasn't selling to Staveley. I thought he was really going to sell up then.

Losing to Lisbon in the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup. That was supposed to be our cup, Lisbon even went on to lose the final at their home stadium to CSKA Noscow, the weakest team in the later stages of the competition.

I was living in France at the time. Rang dad to find out the result and was the first time I ever heard him cry.

Losing to Partizan on pens, was there, f***ing sucked.

Shearer's pen :lol:

Still say that’s the game in the club’s history we’ve never recovered from.

Bobby on the touchline literally looked like he was praying we got through.

16 years later i can still remember that sickening feeling of losing that.

Chelsea semi is another, better team, Dennis Wise taking a foul free kick which led to a goal..would have had a poor Villa in the final, ugh.

Losing to Partizan on pens, was there, fucking sucked.

Probably the biggest sliding doors moment in the PL era (rivalled only by Freddy getting sick and allowing Hall to make a snap sale to Ashley).

Probably the biggest sliding doors moment in the PL era (rivalled only by Freddy getting sick and allowing Hall to make a snap sale to Ashley).

Only signing Bowyer and losing that match while Chelsea got their takeover.

There are a couple of other pivotal moments around that time.

Gravesen stamping on Bernard and not getting sent off in a game we eventually lost.

The 2-6 vs Man Utd

Things could have been very different had both those gone in our favour.

There are a couple of other pivotal moments around that time.

Gravesen stamping on Bernard and not getting sent off in a game we eventually lost.

The 2-6 vs Man Utd

Things could have been very different had both those gone in our favour.

The season before that, remember O’Brien missing an easy chance at Chelsea in the League Cup 1/4 Final at 0-0, think we’d have won that. The FA Cup home game against Arsenal we should have won too and we were better than the Chelsea team they played in the final.

Agreed. Shearers miss :( Robert refusing to take his pentalty :(