General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Didn't watch any of the post match patter from Saturday, but just seen Silva's interview; he completely lauds our fans. Like him even more.

Link? Quotes?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42035411

Scroll down for his interview.

"Congratulations to our players, our fans, they support the team. But congratulations as well for the fans of Newcastle. Fantastic, what I saw. At 0-2, 0-3, they support always the team, very very good. I think they are a good example for everyone."

Didn't watch any of the post match patter from Saturday, but just seen Silva's interview; he completely lauds our fans. Like him even more.

Link? Quotes?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42035411

Scroll down for his interview.

"Congratulations to our players, our fans, they support the team. But congratulations as well for the fans of Newcastle. Fantastic, what I saw. At 0-2, 0-3, they support always the team, very very good. I think they are a good example for everyone."

He was massively praising us pre-match too! The Mackems will be FEWWWWIN!

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/st-james-park-voted-englands-second-favourite-football-ground

St. James' Park has been chosen as England's second-favourite football ground in a major survey of supporters.

The Magpies' iconic stadium was voted into second place in the www.footballgroundguide.com Best of the 92 poll, behind Arsenal's Emirates Stadium.

Thousands of football fans voted, with United's cathedral on the hill winning praise for its city centre location, imposing structure and famous atmosphere.

One voter summed up a matchday at St James' Park as: "Passionate fans generating a fantastic atmosphere in a great looking stadium."

Another described the stadium as a "traditional ground but sensibly modernised with great views from the top of the stands."

The country's biggest stadium, Manchester United's Old Trafford, was in third place.

The top ten included three representatives from the Championship, including Fulham's unique Craven Cottage.

Duncan Adams, founder of www.footballgroundguide.com, said: "It is great to see some great traditional grounds such as Hillsborough, Goodison Park and Craven Cottage feature in the top 10. It shows that not always 'modern is best' and that fans still look to grounds with character."

The Best of the 92 top ten is as follows:

1 Emirates Stadium, Arsenal

2 St James' Park, Newcastle United

3 Old Trafford, Manchester United

4 Craven Cottage, Fulham

5 Villa Park, Aston Villa

6 Anfield, Liverpool

7 Goodison Park, Everton

8 AMEX Stadium, Brighton & Hove Albion

9 Etihad Stadium, Manchester City

10 Hillsborough, Sheffield Wednesday

Guest firetotheworks

Doesn't the Emirates have a reputation for being rubbish?

The atmosphere yeah but aside from that I'm pretty sure I heard nothing but good things.

Atmosphere's part of it, though? I would have thought it would be the number 1 requirement for most fans as well, in fact it's singled out as one of the reasons why SJP is second - "Passionate fans generating a fantastic atmosphere in a great looking stadium." Weird.

Guest Howaythetoon

The Emirates is the best stadium I’ve been to like.

Prefer the more traditional grounds. Feels more like the theatre with the cushioned seats, the shallow seat rake and the subdued atmosphere.

I went when they hosted Spurs in the FA Cup a few years back and the atmosphere was as good as anything at SJP. As a new stadium it’s very impressive and I loved how you didn’t have to queue for ages for a drink or the toilet. That and inside the stadium it’s decorated with banners, posters, quotes and all kinds from over the years and greats etc. It’s the best of the new stadium’s IMO, that I’ve been to anyway. Wembley was a huge let down when I went to watch the ‘Heed play Cambridge a few years back. Obviously it’s a top stadium, but for what it cost...

Guest Howaythetoon

I actually prefer the old grounds myself, for example Goodson. I adore Villa Park, my fave away ground. Love Ibrox as well and the old Upton Park.

I actually prefer the old grounds myself, for example Goodson. I adore Villa Park, my fave away ground. Love Ibrox as well and the old Upton Park.

Great shout about Ibrox. Brilliant, traditional football stadium and the Main Stand there is probably my favourite stand at any football ground. I think the Main Stand at Villa Park was actually designed by the same person.