Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

I mean, unless there is more to this. Like we don’t have anything in his contract regarding compo. Which I highly doubt.
Then I’m not really sure what he’s hoping to gain?

Pay the money that has been asked for and they can have him. Is it an unreasonable amount to ask for? Did he sign the contract and not check the small print or something? Surely it must be listed somewhere for this exact reason? 

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

They're dying to get out of that club. Somethings not right. Worrying. 

Will you have one day off from being a tedious prick?

Man Utd can't afford to pay this season and he’s getting angry he can’t start working with Man Utd crowd favourites Mason Greenwood and Antony. Your fear for his wife and kids if he has them. 

Reminds me of Bruce resigning from Sheff Wed to avoid Ashley having to pay compensation for him. Wants to run with the foxes and hunt with the hounds. Fuck him, the little wanksplat

What an absolute wanker the bloke is , imagine a footballer not getting a move to a club that wanted him because they didn't pay his value so he decided to take the club to court .

Hopefully we got what we wanted out of him. 

I'd happily just see him rot until the end of his contract. Some compensation would be nice but it's probably small fry in terms of overall picture of FFP. 

My dream scenario is Man Utd decide fuck it and get someone else in instead and he's just left out to dry.

I don't begrudge people career advancement but come the fuck on you were only here for a year. Given we prised him from Brighton in similar circumstances we shouldn't be surprised I guess. 

1 minute ago, Cf said:

Hopefully we got what we wanted out of him. 

I'd happily just see him rot until the end of his contract. Some compensation would be nice but it's probably small fry in terms of overall picture of FFP. 

My dream scenario is Man Utd decide fuck it and get someone else in instead and he's just left out to dry.

I don't begrudge people career advancement but come the fuck on you were only here for a year. Given we prised him from Brighton in similar circumstances we shouldn't be surprised I guess. 

Not really. We paid Brighton what they wanted.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Honestly, imagine they go through all this and he ends up getting Southgate for Man Utd.

Does that come with a free Hendo transfer?

Just now, Skeletor said:

Not really. We paid Brighton what they wanted.

I meant the fact he quickly upped sticks for what he thought was a better job. He's done the same with us. 

2 minutes ago, Cf said:

I meant the fact he quickly upped sticks for what he thought was a better job. He's done the same with us. 

Maybe we should have offered Brighton £200k and then made him go to the CAS whilst bashing Brighton in the media.