Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

1 hour ago, Hudson said:

Sounds good to me.

Not to me. That would mean we're out of pockey £5-6 million, the money we paid Brighton, his first x amount of months work and his continuing contactual obligation. We were stitched!

Go to arbitration!

25 minutes ago, Irish Magpie said:

Not to me. That would mean we're out of pockey £5-6 million, the money we paid Brighton, his first x amount of months work and his continuing contactual obligation. We were stitched!

Go to arbitration!

He’s not on massive money. The info I had all along was that the club were happy to keep him gardening.

Now we know why. If he’d acted properly and in good faith maybe this mess would have been sorted long ago.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

I don’t think this gets sorted. Ratface just won’t after his comments let it be seen as another club getting one over on him. They’ll just move on and Ashworth will be left holding a steaming bag of shit with his reputation in tatters.

He’s gone from being “the guru” to being the butt of shit jokes on Talksport. 

He’ll sue Man Utd because he’s a weasel like that. And nobody else here will be willing to give him a job straight away, too toxic.

He’ll get off to the MLS to lay low for a while. 2/3 years and then return at a Brighton level club again when the smoke has cleared.

That’s exactly what I think. Man Utd got their reputation ruined, we will get notorious being a harsh employer (which we won’t agree) and Ashworths career in EPL is done.

Ashworth, as a potential recruitment, in fact, should also bear the responsibility of disclosing his real availability to his future employer. He should have let Man Utd know about the gardening leave / compensation stuff etc. Now the story just sounds like this muthafucka just setting up traps for both clubs. He is just being unprofessional and untrustworthy 

Edited by Zero

I'm amazed at how many fans from other teams now hate Ashworth, my Spurs mate from London says him and Man Utd are made for each other

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I’m amazed at how many of our fans revel in this situation. We’re losing out here, big time.

I actually don’t think we do; especially if we are splitting his role. 

Nobody wants a person like him at the club who have zero loyalty and always looking for the next job. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Nobody wants a person like him at the club who have zero loyalty and always looking for the next job. 

Preach. He’s a fucking weasel. Man Utd fans laughing and saying Eddie Howe is the problem. I’d rather have Eddie at the club than give the pint sized shitehawk the keys to the kingdom only for him to bail when a Sinister Six club flutter their eyelashes at him. If it wasn’t Man Utd it would have been Chelsea or Spurs.

Him, Doping Dave Brailsford and Brexit Jim are a perfect match.

1 minute ago, BergenMagpie said:

How are we losing out? 

we’ll have  lost a top tier DoF, who we paid millions for to acquire his services not long ago, and who we continue to pay a million or so in wages for another year and a bit while having to look and pay for a new DoF. We’ll be out of pocket by a good few million compared to had this whole thing never happened. That money would have been much better spent out on the pitch.

9 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I’m amazed at how many of our fans revel in this situation. We’re losing out here, big time.

Losing out? We didn’t have a choice, he was leaving regardless. People are revelling in it because of the way he’s acted and how now he’s been found out.

I'm sure if had of all been done in a dignified and respectful manner people would probably have reacted differently. 

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

we’ll have  lost a top tier DoF, who we paid millions for to acquire his services not long ago, and who we continue to pay a million or so in wages for another year and a bit while having to look and pay for a new DoF. We’ll be out of pocket by a good few million compared to had this whole thing never happened. That money would have been much better spent out on the pitch.

We will be getting paid for services off them, either that or he’s on ice for awhile. Absolutely no point crying over spilt milk, we have to regroup and do better. 

Hiring Ashworth has proven to be a mistake. 

Just now, Elliottman said:

Losing out? We didn’t have a choice, he was leaving regardless. People are revelling in it because of the way he’s acted and how now he’s been found out.

I'm sure if had of all been done in a dignified and respectful manner people would probably have reacted differently. 

As it was when we hired said snake! 

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Nonsense. A man with his proven reputation will be back in a job in no time. This whole scorned wife act so many on here are happy to portray is extremely odd to me. People can have their head turned, it happens. It’s how we got Ashworth in the first place. I do understand the man himself has proven to be of questionable character over this, but that doesn’t mean we’re not the party massively losing out. As a Man U fan I’d be laughing my bollocks off if it turns out they’ll just turn their attention somewhere else and leave us losing our DoF plus millions in fees and wages over this entire thing.

Just now, Nucasol said:

No Craig Hope story last night - wonder if they’re back round the table negotiating the compo?

Don’t count on it. Manchester will want to wait for the Arbitration. 

PL AGM should be spicy though. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I think you’re also underplaying the value in spending that money to show we are no longer a pushover myself. I think paying his wages for a few months (FWIW I think he'll be in position at Man Utd in September) is a worthy PR exercise to reinforce this point IMO.

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Nonsense. A man with his proven reputation will be back in a job in no time. This whole scorned wife act so many on here are happy to portray is extremely odd to me. People can have their head turned, it happens. It’s how we got Ashworth in the first place. I do understand the man himself has proven to be of questionable character over this, but that doesn’t mean we’re not the party massively losing out. As a Man U fan I’d be laughing my bollocks off if it turns out they’ll just turn their attention somewhere else and leave us losing our DoF plus millions in fees and wages over this entire thing.

We are missing out, but what can we do exactly? He wants to go and has proven to be an absolute snake in the way he went about it. Leaking confidential information to our rivals is beyond the pale. 

Of course both the club and the fan base are going to be fuming and wondering what else he’s let slip. 

Ultimately I expect we will get paid and will replace him with someone who is more of a transfer expert. My concerns are more our youth set up and the amount of cronies we have. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

His job requires him  to be trustworthy and have impeccable integrity, given that his fingers will extend into every aspect of a club. Those things are hard to earn initially and even harder to earn back after you’ve proven yourself to be lacking in that department previously.

Edited by Ghandis Flip-Flop
Bad England

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

If he doesn't want to be here, there's nothing we can do about it. We've given the club who wants him our price, we've put him on Gardening Leave, the only parties who seem to be doing anything wrong are Man Utd for not paying what we want (fair enough, but walk away if they have any respect for us) and Ashworth for the secretive emails.

Whoever comes in is at least not starting from square one and will have a base of a framework that Ashworth was setting up. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

And @Unbelievableshould know better. We don’t like Manchester United anyways it’s fuck them, and this is some just desserts for how they tried to bend us over for Lingard. 

and finally, who gives a fuck about what Manchester United fans think of us. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If he doesn't want to be here, there's nothing we can do about it. We've given the club who wants him out price, we've put him on Gardening Leave, the only parties who seem to be doing anything wrong are Man Utd for not paying what we want (fair enough, but walk away if they have any respect for us) and Ashworth for the secretive emails.

Whoever comes in is at least not starting from square one and will have a base of a framework that Ashworth was setting up. 

I’m not saying we’ve done anything wrong or should have done anything differently. I’m saying we are losing out. Two massively different things.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Nah, I think you’ve completely misunderstood the situation

His wages are £1m annually, that’s fuck all in football terms. Paully D earns more for doing nothing but train

Man Utd and Ashworth have been exposed as snidey cunts and their new hire is stuck in limbo

We’re demonstrating we won’t be taken the piss out of and are cracking on with recruitment of players and finding a replacement for the snidey cunt

Edited by bobbydazzla

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I’m not saying we’ve done anything wrong or should have done anything differently. I’m saying we are losing out. Two massively different things.

We're also disrupting a direct rival team's plans as well, for balance. 

I'd pay a couple million to do that. 

Edited by Thumbheed

7 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

All fair points. But is there not something to be said at this stage in the clubs development that they demonstrate they won't be fucked around with? Even if that means a couple of mil cost? I'm not trying to get all PIF corporate fan fic here either.