Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

9 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

You really expect a statement from Ashworth or the club about clickbait articles in tattle rags like the Daily Mail and The Sun ?

None of the sports journos with any gravitas have mentioned anything, well at least yet. When they do then the this might have legs.

I was quite delighted with his work until this summer transfer window. the weeks of rumours about Szoboszlai and Maddison to end up with Barnes not great imo (while those strengthen our league rivals big time), while the Tonali one is a horrible transfer so far and we were played big time by his agent and Milan as well. wonder what the mood is when next time we chat to his agent. I wonder if he tell us us he didnt know about Tonali's betting issues lol.

Hall is also an interesting one, not given much playing time despite the horrible injury issues in all department. Howe hates to rotate so once we have more defenders back Hall aint gonna play more than now which is also limited now.

if he can pull some magic in January window that would be great I just cannot see money available for that apart from some loans. sell Ritchie and Targett to Al Ittihad for 75m each to make some money. :)

Edited by BShearer

Timeline.

Gary Neville says he would do a good job at Man U

He replied

"First of all, I literally saw Gary when walking into the directors' box and he was going down the tunnel. I shouted 'hello' and that was it,’ Ashworth said last month. "I didn't have a conversation with Gary. I know him and Phil [Neville] from their England days. He's written some very kind things and thank you, Gary.

"But it’s the same situation as Eddie [Howe], I think. I'm really happy, it's a brilliant city, club and project. I'm thoroughly engaged in throwing myself into all of those things and really enjoying the challenge."

News article saying Man U want him.

Douglas says unnamed NUFC people expect he will go.  Also says been no discussions on Man U side about director of football etc 

Edited by Slim

Brailsfords mate by all accounts which would explain why he might be tempted.

To be honest he might be doing great things behind the scenes which is kind of his remit, but on the surface I think he’s easily replaceable and think if his legacy was the summer transfer window, it’s been the worst one since the takeover.

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Brailsfords mate by all accounts which would explain why he might be tempted.

To be honest he might be doing great things behind the scenes which is kind of his remit, but on the surface I think he’s easily replaceable and think if his legacy was the summer transfer window, it’s been the worst one since the takeover.

He really isn’t easily replaceable, if he was we wouldn’t have gone to such lengths and expense to get him. 

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

He can stay here and change status quo, or he could go to Man Utd and keep the status quo.

One he will be remembered for and be seen as achieving something, the other he won’t.

The anything that happens here they will talk about Saudi money. 

City have a fantastic setup. Nobody talks about it.  

As long as there is any doubt about his future, you would think his role would be restricted somewhat. If club insiders really think he might leave, then they wouldn't want his inside knowledge or our plans being leaked to future employers. From that perspective you can understand why Brighton put him on gardening leave once he had indicated he was coming here.

2 hours ago, BShearer said:

to end up with Barnes

Barnes seemed superfluous to Gordon but he looked like a good goal scorer before he got hurt and while Gordon was still finding his way. Not sure if that is fair.  I don't think we had the funds for a quality RW at the time.  

I will never understand the hostility directed towards him. Bloke's played 185 minutes in the Premier League for us, scoring and assisting. Most of his game time has been 20 mins here and there. The one game where he played a lot of minutes we won, against a decent Brentford side.

I’m not in the least bit worried about Barnes. There’s a direct correlation between the densest fuckers on here making sweeping, unfounded statements about a topic and then being made to look like know nowt cunts several months later. We’ll be dredging up posts about him in 2024 like we have with Howe, Gordon etc.

Edited by christ

Just now, christ said:

I’m not in the least bit worried about Barnes. There’s a direct correlation between the densest fuckers on here making sweeping, unfounded statements about a topic and then being made to look like know nowt cunts several months later. We’ll be dredging up posts about him in 2024 like we have with Howe, Gordon etc.

Agreed, he’ll be good for us, once his raptor movement is sorted!

16 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I will never understand the hostility directed towards him. Bloke's played 185 minutes in the Premier League for us, scoring and assisting. Most of his game time has been 20 mins here and there. The one game where he played a lot of minutes we won, against a decent Brentford side.

Was seen as the replacement for the injury prone and completely ineffective winger (but incredibly loved by fans) that we sold to the Saudi's, so some hate him and weren't going to give him a chance.

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

He really isn’t easily replaceable, if he was we wouldn’t have gone to such lengths and expense to get him. 

Easily might have been the wrong word but he’s certainly very replaceable, I would hope a lot of the structure and recruiting behind the scenes is in place now which would make it easier for someone coming in now.

People are lying to themselves if they think this wouldn't be a bit of a blow. It was a big deal that we got him and it would be an equally big deal to lose him so quickly. 

It's especially silly to say we wouldn't be missing much because of one transfer window that is far too early to judge given the circumstances. We (pretty much all football fans and pundits) have a terrible habit of judging transfer windows in a vacuum when it's pretty obvious we are planning multiple windows ahead. We don't yet know what the next puzzle pieces are and he's not suddenly bad at his job because we bought a player with a gambling problem.

But, also, bringing in first team players is only part of the job. He's been creating a new scouting and development infrastructure, setting up some version of what City / Chelsea / Brighton have been doing (see: Minteh), and working to overhaul the academy so we can hopefully have many more Miley's in the future.

He's not irreplaceable and the new owners have been on the money with their appointments, but it would definitely be a setback and the fact it would be Man United makes it even worse.

If he is really going we need to put him on gardening leave for the rest of his contract,

As Brighton did with him. Or until Manure pay us 100 mil. Seems to be a two faced cunt with his past quotes.

I am very happy at Brighton. I am very happy at Newcastle, Yeah until the money comes calling.

Edited by prefabtoon

25 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

I am very happy at Brighton. I am very happy at Newcastle, Yeah until the money comes calling.

Quotes in the media/interview isnt worth much. Seen plenty of players talking positive about the club, and before you know it they have put in a transfer request.

3 hours ago, prefabtoon said:

If he is really going we need to put him on gardening leave for the rest of his contract,

As Brighton did with him. Or until Manure pay us 100 mil. Seems to be a two faced cunt with his past quotes.

You would think we’d be able to match the offer from manure or better it or are we not too bothered if he leaves? That’s if any of this is true.