Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

I actually posted it more about if it had been elsewhere reported that they have revamped the medical department due to the crisis and brought in a well respected psychiatrist, however had comment saying Howe was a bit unsure about the latter sounds like. Think first sign of any tension (which may be vastly overstating it) between Ashworth and Howe, though if the Psychiatrist is as well regarded as said hope Howe can make use.

9 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Much like Botman was no longer slow after he chose us over Milan I suspect those that wanted Ashworth to do one for being nothing special will also change their tune 

The questions and mild criticisms remain for me. 

Hope he stays.

Feels like classic Man United of the past 15 years, public pursuit of someone who doesn’t really want to leave followed by paying way more than needed to avoid losing face.

Hopefully Dan and the club stand firm, it probably suits him better to be able to build from the ground up like he can here. 

I could be proven massively wrong but these feted CEOs never seem to thrive in the football space - unless they come from the industry in the first place (Brighton/Brentford). Chelsea probably an exception but Abramovich was coming into a less competitive league and had no FFP etc.

As Everton have shown you can have a very rich owner, literally appoint Ancelotti and have it all fall to pieces. If it’s a vanity project for one person, no matter how well intentioned it rarerly ends well. 

15 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Miguel Delaney is actually a banned source on most of our fan sites for being incredibly inaccurate.

As well as being a hypocritical little

shitebag?

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Miguel Delaney is actually a banned source on most of our fan sites for being incredibly inaccurate.

You’d think having journalism’s most punchable face would be enough, and the inaccuracy would simply be back-up 

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye - who said he isn't slow?

The post above mine, mate :lol: 

Posted 19 hours ago

Much like Botman was no longer slow after he chose us over Milan I suspect those that wanted Ashworth to do one for being nothing special will also change their tune 

28 minutes ago, Kanji said:

The post above mine, mate :lol: 

Posted 19 hours ago

I’m agreeing with and disagreeing with the poster above. I should’ve said ‘everyone still thinks Botman is slow’. His post suggests people have taken back the ‘he’s slow’ point and they haven’t. At least I haven’t. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

I’m agreeing with and disagreeing with the poster above. I should’ve said ‘everyone still thinks Botman is slow’. His post suggests people have taken back the ‘he’s slow’ point and they haven’t. At least I haven’t. 

The point wasn't to necessarily analyse Botman's speed or lack of, more how people suddenly backtrack when information changes

Since it's brought up I wouldn't call Botman slow, wouldn't call him quick either, he's just very much in the middle 

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

The point wasn't to necessarily analyse Botman's speed or lack of, more how people suddenly backtrack when information changes

Since it's brought up I wouldn't call Botman slow, wouldn't call him quick either, he's just very much in the middle 

He's pretty slow.

All of our first-choice defence is fairly slow and without Pope reducing the amount of space in behind - it's going to be a problem until he's back.

23 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

All of our first-choice defence is fairly slow and without Pope reducing the amount of space in behind - it's going to be a problem until he's back.

Last game I was at was the Fulham game & Tindall was constantly trying to get Dubravka to get higher with his starting position. 

• 2 weeks later...