Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye but it hasn't worked out so far. The left-back is 4th choice atm. Could barely get a kick during an injury crisis.

It's medium to long term thinking though. There is probably disappointment Hall hasn't contributed more than he has yet, but there was probably anticipation he was far from the finished article.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It's not saudi people negotiating though is it? 

surely they'll have the final say. Like it or not Dan is under contract.

As for Tonali, there's only so far background checks will go.

People keep secrets. Unless we're getting into the realms of interviewing mates, scanning bank statements or hacking  phones there's always going to be a certain amount of exposure.

2 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Don’t know why anyone would get upset about this. 

Because hes an important figure at the club. Do I think the club will crash under because of this? No, but its not good news at all. Its been a demanding season with surprises and unluck. We dont need another problem really. Will it affect our summer business? Probably not if we are quick finding another good one. But its a little bit naive saying meh to this.

3 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Lot of people saying it's £6m compensation. No idea where that figure has come from though as I haven't seen that reported anywhere.

A lot of other people are saying it’s 20m. 

Nobody knows a thing

More upset that there's a chance he could stabilise that circus that is Man Utd more than actually losing him tbh [emoji38]

Our owners have been very good at bringing in good staff so have every faith they will put a top person in his seat. 

Edited by Scotty66

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

No one else find it a bit weird for someone in his position to be job hopping like this? I appreciate football's a bit different but generally someone switching jobs like this doesn't look good.

Sometimes job hopping happens just as a matter of circumstance and timing. I think both moves can be pretty easily explained. If he goes it'd be a red flag if he's not at Man United for a decent amount of time.

7 minutes ago, duo said:

surely they'll have the final say. Like it or not Dan is under contract.

It would self-defeating and stupidly spiteful at that point.  Sort the compo and let him leave.

9 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The only thing that bothers me is the intel on us he takes with him, would hope any settlement includes not being able to sign our players.

That’s not going to happen :) - the clause, that is

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not fans. People that work in the game.

Some of his teammates knew - that much is a fact. I believe decision makers at AC Milan knew too.

Not a single person in italian press or media, or the Milan fan here, or social media had any rumor of the "ringleader" and people knowing. You thinking Milan knew, ya, many of us did. but that shit never leaked. It wasn't even joked about. It all came out and hit a head pretty quickly. So while I appreciate what you're trying to say, you've made a hefty # of assumptions. There isn't a single person in football who would have uncovered this in their standard or additional deep dive DD of a footie player.

Edited by Kanji

I don't care outside of it being something that could unsettle short-term plans at the club. I have nothing particularly positive or negative to say because I don't really know what exactly he's been responsible for up to this point.

Ultimately I just hope part of his job since arriving along with others has been future proofing the club, contingencies, continuity etc so that this exact scenario doesn't suddenly send everything up the spout.

All the best in your future endeavours. Both with Man U and the next 'long term project' you'll seemingly jump ship for in another 2 or 3 years. :lol:

The good news is that this has been talked about for a few months now, which means that our owners will already have been aware of the situation.

I'm actually excited to see what we do.

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The main thing in this for me, as it quite often is, is that I hate Man United and everything about them and their arrogant wanker fans.

One of the reasons why we should challenge current rules and really fuck this lot off.