Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Didn't he get an Italy callup after he joined us? Surely if it was as easy to get information on as people are suggesting then that wouldn't have happened. 

Yes, along with Fagioli and Zaniolo.  Completely take your point, but the FIGC isn’t likely to not pick its better players based on rumours, and Italian football doesn’t exactly have a glorious history of being across this stuff.  The FIGC could have been completely aware of everything and still selected those three players.  

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Not the best source but expands on articles where he isn’t happy with the role at club.

If true a bit worrying as surely he was brought in to have final say on football matters.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/dan-ashworth-eddie-howe-and-too-many-voices-why-newcastle-chief-is-quitting-for-man-united/

I wouldn’t worry too much about this tbh. It’s quite coincidental this kind of story breaks when it appears he’s off and not before. 

We just need to nail the replacement. 

Based on what's in the papers, he has a friendship with Brailsford, who will have a position on the new Man U board once Ratcliffe's part ownership is confirmed.

That being the case, I'm all for him leaving anyway. The danger is that he'll know our plans, our targets, our limitations, our FFP strategies, who we want to sell etc etc. 

We did exactly the same to Brighton, mind, so need to roll with it.

All in all, I'm a bit sick of football politics as I'm sure everyone is. I'm sure it was always like this, but you do with you could just enjoy the games and not care less.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Am I right in thinking Howe, or any manager for that matter would have absolutely no say in who is appointed sporting director?

In theory yes, the managers reports to the sporting director not the other way around. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Am I right in thinking Howe, or any manager for that matter would have absolutely no say in who is appointed sporting director?

I hope so..

Just now, STM said:

Football insider [emoji38]

Transfer outsiders. Dirty little voyeurs staring through the transfer inner sanctum window with the look of shame and stench of desperation.

https://theathletic.com/5275694/2024/02/15/why-manchester-united-want-dan-ashworth/

Ha ha yes, no problem after the Lingard carry on! Cheeky tossers!

INEOS are expected to argue that Newcastle should not price out Ashworth from a move when the situation is not perfect anyway, and it is better for them to receive a settlement that can assist on financial fair play regulations rather than keep paying him to do nothing during his gardening leave. But Newcastle may dig in, feeling that if Brailsford rates Ashworth so highly United should to pay for him. Sources describe the potential asking price as “very high”.

Interesting reading lots of Brighton fan comments saying it was over exaggerated what he actually did behind the scenes. I’m not sure how true this is and if it’s just bitter fans (like some of us). He does seem extraordinarily good at PR so would be curious to find to find out what he’s actually done for us. 

2 minutes ago, Paully said:

https://theathletic.com/5275694/2024/02/15/why-manchester-united-want-dan-ashworth/

INEOS are expected to argue that Newcastle should not price out Ashworth from a move when the situation is not perfect anyway, and it is better for them to receive a settlement that can assist on financial fair play regulations rather than keep paying him to do nothing during his gardening leave. But Newcastle may dig in, feeling that if Brailsford rates Ashworth so highly United should to pay for him. Sources describe the potential asking price as “very high”.

Who cares what Ineos think, just refuse and make them pay. Once they pay he can fuck off. Absolutely no need to barter. 

4 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Interesting reading lots of Brighton fan comments saying it was over exaggerated what he actually did behind the scenes. I’m not sure how true this is and if it’s just bitter fans (like some of us). He does seem extraordinarily good at PR so would be curious to find to find out what he’s actually done for us. 

Also the usual Man Utd client journalists dripping moist over this.

6 minutes ago, Paully said:

This is why I fucking despise them. 

Pay up or piss off

2 minutes ago, St1pe said:

It has to be over exaggerated as he's never been anywhere long enough to be judged. To make any sort of meaningful organisational impact takes a long, long time, more than the 2-3 years he was at Brighton. 

Asking price, is the amount what’s been agreed with Ashworth and is as per our contract with him. 

Hope the get on with it and pay up so we can close this and move on. Last thing I want is for us to do them any favours though let’s absolutely rinse those cunts. 

5 minutes ago, Paully said:

Nearly 20 years after Chelsea poached Arnesen. Lots of pretendy bullshit from Chelsea exposed when someone actually had pictures of Arnesen on Abramovich’s yacht. Take Man U to the fucking cleaners. How much did you pay Brighton for him?

Just now, leffe186 said:

Nearly 20 years after Chelsea poached Arnesen. Lots of pretendy bullshit from Chelsea exposed when someone actually had pictures of Arnesen on Abramovich’s yacht. Take Man U to the fucking cleaners. How much did you pay Brighton for him?

5m is the rumour.