Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

I think Howe knew this was coming in his press conference on Friday and he didn't seem bothered, we must have a plan in place. My only concern is what damage he can do "gardening leave or not" to our summer plans.

8 hours ago, Mase said:

Samuel is usually spot on with his takes - and he is with this also. He’s being OTT with the £60m but he’s essentially saying pay decent money or do one. It might not be £60m but £10m today is pathetic. A manager will get that in comp when sacked by a club that doesn’t want them. Newcastle aren’t the ones getting rid here, it’s the Rags that are approaching every man and his dog, so if they want him so much - pay up!

Usually spot on?  Samuel is the genius who scoffed at us for not appointing Stevie G as manager and regularly moans about our Saudi ownership.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10192591/Steven-Gerrard-Aston-Villa-perfect-fit-Newcastle-blew-chance-appointing-him.html

I agree that we should squeeze Man U to the max, but I'll never be a Martin Samuel fan.

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Hopefully someone who’s been at an “elite” club 

Don't actually think that matters. They just need to be good at their job.

Just now, GideonShandy said:

Usually spot on?  Samuel is the genius who scoffed at us for not appointing Stevie G as manager and regularly moans about our Saudi ownership.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10192591/Steven-Gerrard-Aston-Villa-perfect-fit-Newcastle-blew-chance-appointing-him.html

I agree that we should squeeze Man U to the max, but I'll never be a Martin Samuel fan.

Whis to say what the max is ?

Martin Samuel is a fat slob who writes articles with the same accuracy and precision that I throw darts at a dart board.

If he gets a take right, it's actually because he was due one.

We need to play hardball, and when I say hardball I mean. £100m to get him now. Otherwise we’ll put him on gardening leave.

Settle for £60m. If they aren’t willing to pay stupid prices, they shouldn’t try and play stupid games, threaten them with reporting them for tapping him up.

Edited by Stifler

Well that's that then. Remove him from the building(s) ASAP and get on with finding his replacement. Whatever Man Utd want from this, we just need to do the exact opposite. Can't afford to have him in at Old Trafford in the summer really, not even for £20M.