Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

17 minutes ago, Ben said:

Man U fans saying they should take us to court for restriction of trade

The irony :lol:

I really hope we stick to this and don't cave in on the amount like. It's absolutely right that they should have to pay up and £20m is reasonable. 

Thanks to him for what he’s done so far. I’m sure the work done will be beneficial moving forward. 

Fuck him for how he went about ending it. 

We move on 

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

£20 million or you're waiting until 2026. I love it.[emoji38]

And if they agree to pay £20M we should up the price to £30M instead!

I hope they have to wait to 2026 though.

6 minutes ago, Scoot said:

£20 million or you're waiting until 2026. I love it.[emoji38]

And if they agree to pay £20M we should up the price to £30M instead!

I hope they have to wait to 2026 though.

Edit: ups dubblepost

Edited by Toon No9

21 minutes ago, Ben said:

Let them, we’ve got Nick ‘Messi’ Di Marco up our sleeve if they want to go down that route. Plus a contract the cunt agreed to.

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Thanks to him for what he’s done so far. I’m sure the work done will be beneficial moving forward. 

Fuck him for how he went about ending it. 

We move on 

I don’t thank him for anything. Good work can be outdone by bad work anytime. He’s a rat doing this to us and he can fuck right off. Just imagine this wanker in the Man Utd boardroom spilling all the details of what our owners are planning to do going forward. He doesn’t deserve a single thing from anyone connected to Newcastle United. 

42 minutes ago, Conjo said:

He's always chased what he think is the best combination of job freedom, project and money. Don't understand how anyone can be butthurt or surprised by this.

Just hope when he's gone, we're satisfied with compensation for losing his services and the person taking over. Considering the people we've brought like Ashworth himself, Eales and the guy (from Arsenal?) responsible for partnership/sponsorship deals already I'm confident we'll get it right.

It's not the fact we're losing him, it's how it's all played out that's left a bad taste for me. 

26 minutes ago, Ben said:

Hiw would that work ? Arguing that legally binding contracts don't mean anything in law ? No lawyer would even entertain it.

Just now, madras said:

Hiw would that work ? Arguing that legally binding contracts don't mean anything in law ? No lawyer would even entertain it.

Noo you must comply with the Big Six's wishes :(

Just now, madras said:

It's just some dummies knowing they are over a barrel and blowing off steam. The mere idea is idiotic. Like you said, it's a binding contract.

He clearly likes being a firefighter and ducking out when he thinks the club is a steady ship and if that's what he wants good luck to him.

I just hope we have some kind of contingency plan for the information he's taking with him, be that some kind of NDA or a quick replacement and change in direction, someone with pedigree and longevity.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

I’d just stick him on gardening leave until 2026 regardless.

£20m is fuck all if he cements a top 4 place for Man Utd in years to come.

Exactly this. £20m is a pittance when you consider how much they and the media are crowing about nabbing him from us. Double it to £40m and we are talking….and he still can’t start working for them till 2nd September.