Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Christ, at least Froggy has some craic.

Half term mate. Probably been banned from minecraft so getting their entertainment here.

I can't recall exactly, but when we settled compensation with Brighton wasn't that also to shorten the period of gardening leave he was on?

By the way if I have to say gardening leave one more time, I'll be convinced this whole thing is an elaborate advertising ploy for Dobbies.

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

@Froggy

xyO7ulJ.png

If that was the standard of the Man U fan on a windup, you're good craic.

It's probably Froggy's alt account that he's using to make himself look better by comparison.

Think About It GIF by Big Potato Games

2 hours ago, TheKnowledge said:

Welcome to the Theatre of Dreams, Dan. Where we make the impossible come to life.

What does TheKnowledge refer to in your name? I only know the association with London cabbies

Manchester United have fallen from grace mind. Flexing that they’re taking a bloke who’s worked for Brighton and NUFC as a Sporting Director. 

Meanwhile, Sir Jim is looking to use public money to rebuild OT and make 250 people redundant. 

Tory, Tory Man United. 

Edited by Danh1

I, for one, look forward to seeing what ashworth is doing to plan for Man United’s rebirth in 2026 and beyond. When they inevitably sign a 17 year old wonder kid, it’ll be the likes of “TheKnowledge” telling anyone who will listen that Ashworth; whilst on gardening leave from NUFC, was paid £1.5m to scout a 15 year old kid and that the Saudi Mags lost out. 

3 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

Are we allowed to appoint a new dof whilst he still on gardening leave? Effectively making him redundant?

To have been put on Gardening Leave, he will have essentially given notice to terminate his contract, which has must have done. He is therefore serving his notice period, which I suspect will be 6-12 months (most likely 6).  Gardening leave is simply a period where the person is serving notice, but not fulfilling their daily responsibilities.  He is still under contract for that period, and any breach of contract would be dealt with accordingly.  There will also be non-compete clauses, I would have thought which might live beyond his notice period (poaching staff/players etc).

Hence, the only way he could start earlier, and be free of his contractual notice would be for him to buy out his contract (at his expense) or Manu negotiate a deal on his behalf, which I they are pressumably going to try and do.