Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

Someone at Man United being arrogant, entitled and smarmy eh? I can't believe it.

Going on like bending over and giving a competitor what they want from you is what the grown ups in competitive sport do :lol: From the club that asked for £5m to loan Jesse Lingard no less. Get fucked ye pile of melting Terry Christians.

Edited by Kid Icarus

50 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Hope Ashworth has endless Japanese knotweed in his geet huge garden the snivelling rat...and he's still dealing with it in 2026 as Jim Rat has weakened Man U to also rans in the bottom half.

Hope he gets the opposite of that mouse that used to clear up that blokes shed and gets one that instead pulls everything out it's box and place...

And shits everywhere to boot

26 minutes ago, LordJake said:

Imagining Amanda awaiting the videoconference with Ratshit, stroking a fluffy white cat.

”ah James! I’ve been expecting you”

I like that scene !!!

I like it V E R Y much !!!!!!!

28 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

"He needs to decide if he is going to make that jump."

This is a weird line. He's already jumped, Jim. You need to pay for the parachute.

Think Ashworth might regret putting his faith in Jim, on the other hand he might be quite happy being paid to do fuck all for 20 months.

1 hour ago, LordJake said:

Imagining Amanda awaiting the videoconference with Ratshit, stroking a fluffy white cat.

”ah James! I’ve been expecting you”

And if she hasn't got a cat Botman can let her borrow Tiddles.

Massively embarrassing from Ratcliffe, like [emoji38]

Actually makes Ashworth looks quite amateurish too. Just presumed he had assurances from them that they'd pay what we wanted and get it sorted. 

Mind the fuckers on that red cafe are as thick as shit. Clueless about contract law, and even more so in that they will not be seeing Ashworth in any role for a long long time, unless they pay the requested compensation. Sir Rat has just played straight into the arms of our owners, and it's going to be delightful to see their forum fume escalate bit by bit as time passes.

6 hours ago, et tu brute said:

The fuckers don't believe we can put him on gardening leave for 20 months. Do they know nothing about contract law and that this period of time is obviously written into the contract HE signed. They also seem to think we will only get 5 million, well they obviously don't consider who owns our club and that they have a reputation of being ruthless at business. 

Just to keep everyone's expectations reasonable, we are 100% going to agree on a number for him at some point, and it will be undisclosed so both sides can save face. 

We may be contractually entitled to let him rot, but sophisticated parties will typically work something out in these situations, no matter how acrimonious. 

26 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Any scenario here where Man Utd aren't prepared to pay/wait for him, appoint someone else, and Ashworth backtracks and continues in his role here?

"backtracks and ends on the dole" more like.

I cannot imagine any of our owners would touch him with a bargpole now !!!

2 hours ago, oldtype said:

Just to keep everyone's expectations reasonable, we are 100% going to agree on a number for him at some point, and it will be undisclosed so both sides can save face. 

We may be contractually entitled to let him rot, but sophisticated parties will typically work something out in these situations, no matter how acrimonious. 

I've got no doubt it will be, but it will be on our terms and not the 5 million those arrogant fuckers think that it will be.

39 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Any scenario here where Man Utd aren't prepared to pay/wait for him, appoint someone else, and Ashworth backtracks and continues in his role here?

I honestly can't see him having any opportunity of staying here if Man U do back out. If they do then he'll just serve his gardening leave and fuck off to some other club.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think there’s no way back for Ashworth. He wanted to jump ship and if that falls through reflects badly on his decision making as he should have been sure Man U would pay what we would want to release him plus loss of trust with the ownership. 

We should move on and replace him regardless. We either get the money from Man U or the satisfaction of him rotting for 18 months.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Everything suggests we're more than happy to wait. We won't back out. It's not a short term project.

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Everything suggests we're more than happy to wait. We won't back out. It's not a short term project.

He said yesterday its a 2.5 year project.

31 minutes ago, SAK said:

Think there’s no way back for Ashworth. He wanted to jump ship and if that falls through reflects badly on his decision making as he should have been sure Man U would pay what we would want to release him plus loss of trust with the ownership. 

We should move on and replace him regardless. We either get the money from Man U or the satisfaction of him rotting for 18 months.

Being paid but not having to turn up to work for 18 months doesn’t sound much like rotting, to me :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Ben said:

He said yesterday its a 2.5 year project.

He said it could take 2-3 seasons for us to get back to competing. There's a hell of a lot more to the rebuild than just competing.

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He said it could take 2-3 seasons for us to get back to competing. There's a hell of a lot more to the rebuild than just competing.

Todd Boehly Mark II 

9 minutes ago, Ben said:

Todd Boehly Mark II 

He's digging his heels in over £20m. 

Boehly would have fired £60m at you and said keep the change.

Edited by Froggy

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He's digging in heels in over £20m. 

Boehly would have fired £60m at you and said keep the change.

There’s an element of truth there, but you have to admit it’s not the slick professional "just get things done" things as advertised. It’s a bit cringe, not on the same level as some of Boehly's public utterances, but not far off. 

I can only imagine the headlines this would’ve generated if we'd acted this way when getting him from Brighton, the press would’ve torn our owners to shreds.